[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

boooggy

first install wmp11 slipstreamer.

then install nlite. copy your os source to your hard drive.

start nlite. when u get to the hotfixes, addons and updatepacks page add them in the order specified in the picture below....

untitledam6.th.jpg

then next.....and leave nlite do its job....

Sorry for the question, maybe you've already replied somewhere, but I never tried the WMP integration function of Nlite.

An italian user tells me in our forum that if you do that way Nlite 1.4.5 stops and claims for missing entries.ini. What's wrong?

thx again!

Hi Boooggy,

I have slipstreamed WMP11( tweaked version ) and chose custom icon ( boooggys icon ).

WMP11 is ok but there is a problem with the icon.

In start menu the icon is ok, but when I place a shortcut icon on the desktop there appears to be 2 icons,the boooggys icon and a folder type icon on top of it almost obscuring it.

Any ideas whats wrong mate?

It appears that the latest version of WMP11 Slipstreamer doesn't support some of the same flags that it used to. When adding MP11 Slipstreamer to nlite, and then starting the process, I get an error about usage, and then when clicking OK, the command line argument list appears. This is with 1.4.1. I could just be using it wrong, in which case, it would be great to know where the instructions are for how to properly use the slipstreamer with nlite.

go for integrate wmp installer along with hotfixes after sp3 slipstream

I thought XP SP3 already included WMP 11 (and IE7). So why any further integrating be necessary since it includes WMP 11, IE7, and all up to date hotfixes (other than drivers or tweaks)?

Edited by Mike89

I thought XP SP3 already included WMP 11 (and IE7). So why any further integrating be necessary since it includes WMP 11, IE7, and all up to date hotfixes (other than drivers or tweaks)?

Sorry to say, but XP SP3 includes neither IE7 nor WMP11, so you'll still have to integrate them with nLite and the WMP11 slipstreamer respectively.

Mind you, I'd have to agree it would be nice if they could put out 2 versions of the service pack, one vanilla (as currently planned) and one with the kitchen sink: IE7, WMP11, DirectX updates & .Net 2.0