[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

boooggy

How will it go if I integrate the swedish version of WMP 11 into my swedish version of Win XP Pro SP2? Will there be any problem at all/in the future with the hotfixes KB908536 and KB894871 integrated/installed?

bajs

dont know....never tested on sweedish cause i dont know sweedish..... :P

but u can test in virtual enviroment and please report the result....thx

i got some news for people that requsted a x64 wmp11 addon.

first version is almost done....only thing is that i need some testers. and i mean people that uses x64 on real machines.

so if anyone is interested please contact me via PM.

thx all.

Now that can only be good. :thumbup

Got the x64 version downloaded, will give it a go over the weekend!

glad u got it....

but its still in work......almost near perfection.... :P

Hi Boooggy,

I get this error when integrating the x86 tweaked version with all the hotfixes into an xp install with service pack 2:

System.InvalidOperationException: The section "ProductInstall.ReplaceFilesIfExist" does not exist!
at System.Text.Ini.SimpleIniEditor.ThrowNotFoundSection(String SectionName)
at System.Text.Ini.SimpleIniEditor._internalReadMethod(String Section, String Key, Boolean FirstInstanceOnly)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.CompressFiles()
at WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

I have been attempting to install your tweaked version for some time now and I've been 100% unsuccessful...I have no clue what I'm doing wrong! Today I got this error. Yesterday there would be no errors but I would get the stock version of wmp11 after running my iso in virtualpc.

Could you reiterate exactly how to install your tweaked version again, just go step by step so I know for sure I'm not screwing this up. I've tried using your slipstreamer, I've tried using nlite, I am lost.

:wacko:

Thanks for any help you can give!

the err u got is because u use kb935957....that fix is not needed. anyway this little problem will be fixed in new version.

as if u want to use my addons u only had to add it to nlite hotfix page.

the addons already contain the fixes.

if u use slipstreamer and want tweaked version then u have to use first the slipstreamer. then after slipstreamer finishes u can use nlite.

remember that u dont have to remove any wmp with nlite.

I don't have legal XP, and so, I have to turn off automatic updates and WGA ... so, does this method of slipstreaming work in that case? (I would slipstream WMP11 with your Slipstreamer)

well u should try it and see.....

Hi Boooggy

So I've tried both methods you suggested several times, and it doesn't appear to have worked. I slipstreamed with your program with all the kb .exe's and used nlite w/out putting your addon in the hotfixes page. I also tried just using your addon cab in nlite.

There should be an orange button if the tweaked version installed correctly right?

So I've tried both methods you suggested several times, and it doesn't appear to have worked. I slipstreamed with your program with all the kb .exe's and used nlite w/out putting your addon in the hotfixes page. I also tried just using your addon cab in nlite.

There should be an orange button if the tweaked version installed correctly right?

i dont know what u r doing but i tested lots of times and it works just fine, no matter what method i used.

yes there have to be an orange icon for tweaked version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can I slipstream the same Windows Media Player setup for Win2003 Server?

Can't find WMP11 for Win2003 server :(

http://web.clicknet.ro/boooggy/

(*) In this source the slipstreamer automatically integrates hotfix KB913800 to prevent it from appearing on Windows Update.

(Ω) In this source the slipstreamer automatically integrates hotfix KB908536 and hotfix KB894871 to fix issues with the "Themes" service and out-of-box experience not starting respectively on 1st boot.

Are these also integrated on none english windows?

If so, is it safe?