Plug And Play Wont Auto Install Drivers?

phillyman2004

Got a machine that whenever something is inserted such as a PS2 mouse or USB flash drive, Windows pops up the Install New Hardware , But wont install the default drivers. I already dropped into "Local Machine >> Software >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Current Version". I took out everything and just placed %SystemRoot%\Inf.

The type is Reg_SZ , i dont know if that matters. But i am running out of ideas to get this machine to recognize new devices.

Any Help is appriciated

Edited by phillyman2004

Has it had files removed or system paths modified? nLitened? Tweaked? Just direct the wizard to system32 and system32\drivers. I wouldn't do any registry changes especially when you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing.

Has it had files removed or system paths modified? nLitened? Tweaked? Just direct the wizard to system32 and system32\drivers. I wouldn't do any registry changes especially when you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing.

I compared the Registry key to another machine , and it was different

REG_SZ and on the working machine it was REG_EXPAND_SZ

So i exported just that part of the key , i think it was in Hex......anyways after i imported it on the other machine. Everything worked fine.

After i explained it someone told me that Expand is used when a key uses a System variable. I could have achieved the same results by just using the hard address.

All Good Now ! :thumbup