photoshop 9 slimdown ...

dr.zick

is there a way to remove the 4 extra components of photoshop 9 (bridge, help center, stock photography, and commonfilesinstaller) ... i don't really use 'em and it can save 130 mb on my install dvd. i'm guessing the installer is going to look for them, so i just don't want to leave them out. i also wish i could leave imageready out to since i don't use that. anybody got any tricks/thoughts on this subject. i would appreciate any help provided.

is there a way to remove the 4 extra components of photoshop 9 (bridge, help center, stock photography, and commonfilesinstaller) ... i don't really use 'em and it can save 130 mb on my install dvd. i'm guessing the installer is going to look for them, so i just don't want to leave them out. i also wish i could leave imageready out to since i don't use that. anybody got any tricks/thoughts on this subject. i would appreciate any help provided.

check out this link which i had written before

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=photoshop+lite

actually found and even easier way ... just delete the folders of stuff you don't want to install. who would have thought.

i actually deleted the bridge folder and stock photography folder, and left commonfiles and help center ... as easy as that

if you want to slim Photoshop down even further install the application with an application like InstallRite, and discover just how much cr4p this program installs..

then use your InstallRite logs to find and delete LOADS of files installed by Photoshop. Just be careful of what you're deleting tho. You can remove lots of things like demos etc, extra languages, tutorials etc...

Edited by piXelatedEmpire

• 9 months later...
actually found and even easier way ... just delete the folders of stuff you don't want to install. who would have thought.

i actually deleted the bridge folder and stock photography folder, and left commonfiles and help center ... as easy as that

Anyone else could verify if this works or not? Thanks :D