661FX-M/661FX-M Deluxe

atyndall

Hi :hello: ,

I recently bought a computer second hand out of the local classfieds.

I was provided with a really out of date mobo manual PDF and decided to download a new one off the manufacturers website.

Using SiSoft Sandra and CPU-Z I found that the manufacturer was ECS but neither program gave the motherboard model, so I went to their website and searched for mobos with my Socket and chipset etc. and found that my motherboard is either a 661FX-M (V1.0B) or a 661FX-M Deluxe (V1.0).

I cannot seem to work out which mobo is mine as the images are basically identical and so are the specs.

Does anyone know (or can find out) any distinguishing diferences between them, because i want to download the latest BIOS updates, manuals, drivers etc.

atyndall

SiS Real256E 2D/3D Graphics on board

thats the difference. the if your board has an excellent onboard video chipset, then you've got the deluxe. if you don't have the good onboard video chipset, you're the standard model...can't really give you an answer on how to figure this out, but you might try taking out any graphics cards, and going onboard graphics, then finding a program that can tell you information about your chipsets. FreshDiagnose is a program i've used in the past, not the absolute greatest program, but its a pretty good one. similar to Aida32 if you're familiar with that.

Open the case and look on the motherboard; there you should find the model number.

Yes!, it´s that easy ;) .

according to the images they both say exactly the same thing :blink:

SiS Real256E 2D/3D Graphics on board

thats the difference. the if your board has an excellent onboard video chipset, then you've got the deluxe. if you don't have the good onboard video chipset, you're the standard model...can't really give you an answer on how to figure this out, but you might try taking out any graphics cards, and going onboard graphics, then finding a program that can tell you information about your chipsets. FreshDiagnose is a program i've used in the past, not the absolute greatest program, but its a pretty good one. similar to Aida32 if you're familiar with that.

EDIT: SiSoft Sandra told me that i had the SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series model (my chipset is the 661FX) so my mobo is the standard one (I personally recommend CPU-Z and SiSoftware Sanda for finding out info to do with both Hardware and Software)

Edited by atyndall