CreateMD5SSOHash API missing or broken

BenoitRen

The CreateMD5SSOHash API can't be called on my system. I think it is the reason why MSN Messenger 5.0 won't log me in.

It's part of WININET.DLL, of which I have placed the most recent version in WINDOWS\SYSTEM. According to Microsoft, this API is there since IE3... So I'm really wondering what the problem is. I thought it might be related to MSOSS.DLL, so I tried to register it, but it's not one meant to be, it seems.

I've tried the usual. Dependency Walker, Filemon, and Regmon. I fail to understand what's going on.

uh BenoitRen, I think you are in the wrong place to post this topic [unless you are using Win98 SE and NOT Win95 SR2.5]

Please post the topic in the "Windows 95/98/98SE/ME" area and not in the "Unofficial Win98 SE Service Pack" section so that there is less confusion.

Edited by erpdude8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No CreateMD5SSOHash function in Wininet.dll here.

I am on WinME and I don't have MSN Messenger installed but at least it is an answer.

I have looked again and I have found many RandSeed entries in my registry, 2 in HKLM and more than 20 in HKCU. All having to do with encryption apparently.

Edited by eidenk