cable unplugged problem

kiki_zg

Hi!

I got two computers, when I shut down one of them win tell me 'cable unplugged'. This occurs cause on one computer there is an old AT power switch (so I don't put network adapter into standby mode, but I shut it down completely).

Can this situation be somehow ignored, so that network will still work if I shut down one of my computers. Maybe with some modified driver... suggestion?

are the 2 computers connected by a crossover cable? if so, that's ur problem

yes, they are

Well... thats why you're getting that msg... you're loosing your connection to the other machine when it turns of therfore your netowork cable is unplugged.

or if its just the balloon thats annoying you, turn off balloon tips ;)

no...problem is not in balloon :))

I need that my network is still enabled on one computer after it says cable unplugged. I think windows automatically turn it off after detecting that cable is unplugged.

Can this be somehow override?

Are you sharing an internet connection through ICS on the computer your connedcted to with a X-over? Is this why it's a problem when the other computer is off? If this is the case, why not do like the other have said and use a switch?

I would like to try some cheaper solution. Maybe I can settle this by some modified driver or something