Integrate reg file with nilte

silverferro

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this nlite thingy and I really love it. Thanks alot to nuhi for this. My system runs much faster and smoother.

But I have two problems which I hope someone can help me solve.

1. I want nlite to run a reg file automatically at the last stage of windows unattended installation. After reading around I belive it can be done with runonce function. But I don't know how to set it. How do I tell "runonce" where is the reg file located and to run it once windows has been installed without any yes/no to continue popups?

2. I have a unknown device sitting in device manager. I removed all drivers in windows and integrated all drivers my motherboard needs and other cards I have in my computer. Is there a way to find out what is the unknown device? (I have removed some of the hardware support which i don't need/exist in my computer like floppydrive, via ide, intel ide, battery and so on) Is there something I should not delete as windows will use it as a generic support for other things? :huh:

Thanks alot in advance. And once more thanks alot to nuhi for having made such an excellent software and giving it away FREE!!! :thumbup

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this nlite thingy and I really love it. Thanks alot to nuhi for this. My system runs much faster and smoother.

But I have two problems which I hope someone can help me solve.

1. I want nlite to run a reg file automatically at the last stage of windows unattended installation. After reading around I belive it can be done with runonce function. But I don't know how to set it. How do I tell "runonce" where is the reg file located and to run it once windows has been installed without any yes/no to continue popups?

2. I have a unknown device sitting in device manager. I removed all drivers in windows and integrated all drivers my motherboard needs and other cards I have in my computer. Is there a way to find out what is the unknown device? (I have removed some of the hardware support which i don't need/exist in my computer like floppydrive, via ide, intel ide, battery and so on) Is there something I should not delete as windows will use it as a generic support for other things? :huh:

Thanks alot in advance. And once more thanks alot to nuhi for having made such an excellent software and giving it away FREE!!! :thumbup

You can go to the Unattended Section of nlite and under the runonce tab, type regedit /s file.reg

File.reg should be the full path to the registry file on your CD.

To answer your other question, we need system specs (motherboard manufacturer and model, and manufacturer and model of any addon cards). We also need you to attach your 'Last Session.ini' file (should be in the root of the CD, please do not paste it).

Thanks.

So lets say I put the "registrypatch.reg" file inside a folder called "patch" at the same level as I386,DOCS ect...

the line I should add to runonce is "regedit /s patch\registrypatch.reg or regedit /s d:\patch\registrypatch.reg?

My system spec:

MSI K7N2 DELTA2-LSR Mainboard

AMD Sempron 2800+

Kingston 2X256MB and Hyundai 1X256MB DDR Rams = 768MB Total

Inno3D GForce4 MX 440 SE

Asus Hybrid TV Card (I belive this is not the problem as I have taken it out and the unknown device still appears)

I have also attached my LAST SESSION.INI

Thanks alot for the reply speeddymon

LAST_SESSION.INI

So lets say I put the "registrypatch.reg" file inside a folder called "patch" at the same level as I386,DOCS ect...

the line I should add to runonce is "regedit /s patch\registrypatch.reg or regedit /s d:\patch\registrypatch.reg?

My system spec:

MSI K7N2 DELTA2-LSR Mainboard

AMD Sempron 2800+

Kingston 2X256MB and Hyundai 1X256MB DDR Rams = 768MB Total

Inno3D GForce4 MX 440 SE

Asus Hybrid TV Card (I belive this is not the problem as I have taken it out and the unknown device still appears)

I have also attached my LAST SESSION.INI

Thanks alot for the reply speeddymon

I wouldnt advise trying to do it from the CD, as the CD's drive letter can change, depending on how you partition, and what you do in nlite. I would put it in $OEM$\$1 and then make the line "regedit /s C:\registrypatch.reg"

I solved the 1st problem. The missing device is the floppy controller. Since I don't have a floppy drive i deleted it but my mainboard needs the driver for the controller to be shown correctly in device manager. :thumbup

Is there a way to run a "patch.exe" file (under unattended install) which is basicaly a consolidated registry patch, by using nlite's runonce function? The above stated method does not work for exe files.

I can't seem to find much totorials on nlite's runonce function. Is there a good site which has examples you guys can recomend? Thanks in advance.

I solved the 1st problem. The missing device is the floppy controller. Since I don't have a floppy drive i deleted it but my mainboard needs the driver for the controller to be shown correctly in device manager. :thumbup

Is there a way to run a "patch.exe" file (under unattended install) which is basicaly a consolidated registry patch, by using nlite's runonce function? The above stated method does not work for exe files.

I can't seem to find much totorials on nlite's runonce function. Is there a good site which has examples you guys can recomend? Thanks in advance.

nlite's runonce function puts everything into guirunonce in your winnt.sif so use the unattended guide at unattended.msfn.org and find the part on guirunonce.