Dual Layer DVD image not bootable?

thefairey

Hi

I'm using the latest nLite and have created a 7GB image with all my desired apps on as well so I don't have to have lots of discs lying around.

The current nLite buring is bust as reported so I use it to create the image then burn with Nero, the burn is fine and on bootup it gets to the "Setup is checking you..." then it either hangs or promptly resets the PC.

Is this a hardware/bios issue or can you not have Dual Layer boot DVDs?

Any help/thoughts appreciated

Si

Hi

I'm using the latest nLite and have created a 7GB image with all my desired apps on as well so I don't have to have lots of discs lying around.

The current nLite buring is bust as reported so I use it to create the image then burn with Nero, the burn is fine and on bootup it gets to the "Setup is checking you..." then it either hangs or promptly resets the PC.

Is this a hardware/bios issue or can you not have Dual Layer boot DVDs?

Any help/thoughts appreciated

Si

Dual Layer DVD's should work fine, so it may be a hardware issue, however your normal CD may not exhibit the same problem.

Could you attach (don't paste it) your 'Last Session.ini' file? Thanks

Also, what version of Windows XP is your original CD? (Pro, Home, Tablet PC, MCE 2002, MCE 2005; Gold, SP1, or SP2?)

Try burning the image with ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 and you can manually choose the best possible layer break available...it's very possible you have too big an image to get a decent layer break. Imgburn will tell you (Excellent, verygood, good etc....) :hello:

Edited by gkar