Folder Redirection Issue

Stik62

I am running 2k3 enterprise at home as a DC, DHCP,DNS VPN server etc and XP pro for work stations. I recently Changed the path for redirecting MY Documents in Group Policy. All user accounts are redirecting fine with the exception of one (my personal one, go figure). When I login at a work station the My Documents target is the old folder. If i login to the server via Remote Desktop or locally the new location is the target for My Documents. Again this is only happening with one account. Also, not all of the contents of My Documents were transfered to the new location and there are several frdxx.tmp files in the new location. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

I had a similar problem the only way i resolved it was to rename the folder both on workstation and server then relogon again letting the my documents folder be recreated. When it was recreated i copied the documents from the renamed folder into the correct folder - just an idea

No, only one account has a problem on any machine. All others are redirecting the folders just fine. Here is another strange thing, I logged on via remote desktop today to check the target for My Documents and now it is back to the old target location. Yesterday it was the new location when logging in via remote desktop. The account originally tried to redirect because some of the files/folders did transfer to the new location.

:thumbup I have it resolved!!! By using the GPMC download from MS i was able to isolate the problem. GPMC policy results were able to give me the specifics of the Folder Redirection failure. In my case it happened to be some files that I had in My ebooks folder that i use to copy CD's into. The error I was getting was that the file(s) were in use by another process and could not be accessed. I don't know what the process was or why they would be used to begin with. They were nothing more than copies of CD's. Any how after removing the folder everything redirected fine. One other note is that folder redirection uses the recyclers also. I discovered this when i deleted the files and GPMC policy results pointed to them also. Hope this helps others in the future. Edited by Stik62