dynamic content (without frames)

For some reason, I feel like this should be easyl, but I'm lost. I want to be able to click a link on the right side of the page and have some content appear on the left side. An example is here. Just without the calendar, just regular links on the side. If anyone can help with this, it would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks a lot!

For some reason, I feel like this should be easyl, but I'm lost. I want to be able to click a link on the right side of the page and have some content appear on the left side. An example is here. Just without the calendar, just regular links on the side. If anyone can help with this, it would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks a lot!

That site is using includes. I can tell by the URL address. Read about them here:

http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

I have no code to post...hehe. Basically what I'm looking for is a script that will have news items on the left, and when the item is clicked, whatever text I define appears on the right. I don't see in these includes how I would get it to do that. I'm not very PHP friendly yet, as you can tell. Maybe this just can be done with simple DHTML? I found a script similar to what I want on DynamicDrive.com, but since I am using tables to separate the page into columns, the script could not handle links in one column and the content in the other, so I was out of luck.