Binding Keys

mstester

Hey guys,

Quick question for ya all, I've recently gotten a old-ish laptop from work, however there is no windows start button. Is there a way in the reg that i can bind..lets say "altgr" to be the start button??

Thanks in advance :)

Not answering your question,

The WinKey and Menu keys have similar (not quite the same but should be close enough) functioning keyboard shortcuts.

You may use Ctrl + Esc to toggle the start menu; Shift + F10 may be used to show context menu.

I've never known any version of Windows to not have the Start button. Perhaps it was Reshacked out? Which version of Windows is it?
Versions of Windows released prior to Windows 95 did not have a start button.

I assumed Windows XP was being used (as this is the "Microsoft Widows XP" forum).

I also assumed that the original poster was referring to something different than what he intended (that is why I did not attempt to answer the question).

I think he was saying that he hasn't a win key on his keyboard, physically.

Of course, I'm agree, it's Windows flag key is missing on his new laptop.

The best is to use Ctrl+Esc to open start menu, just that only.

No Win + ... for shortcuts (for example Win + R (Run) doesn't work with Ctrl+Esc+R)

I've never known any version of Windows to not have the Start button. Perhaps it was Reshacked out? Which version of Windows is it?
Versions of Windows released prior to Windows 95 did not have a start button.

Correction: I've never known any version of Windows prior to 95 to not have the Start button. :P

Thanks for all the reply's.........Ok now i feel like an id*** i really should have re-checked my original post before i posted it. What i meant was there is no Physical Windows Key on the laptop. My bad :wacko:

Sorry :blushing:

Edited by mstester