4.6 Beta 2 BUG REPORT

Maleko

Ok, i know you said IE7 would be buggy...

Anyway, i uninstalled previous XPize to install the latest, thoguht it was best.

On both machines I have tested it on, after uninstalling the previous version of XPize, IE7 went balls up.

In Help > About it still was IE7, but it looked like IE6, no tabs, forward backward buttons etc IE6 style...strange

So i installed XPize 4.6 Beta 2, then went onto Windows Update, told me I could install IE7, so i did...rebooted, did XPize reloader it reloaded about 12 IE files, rebooted, all was fine. :S

Anyone else get this problem?

Anyway, i uninstalled previous XPize to install the latest, thoguht it was best.

On both machines I have tested it on, after uninstalling the previous version of XPize, IE7 went balls up.

In Help > About it still was IE7, but it looked like IE6, no tabs, forward backward buttons etc IE6 style...strange

So i installed XPize 4.6 Beta 2, then went onto Windows Update, told me I could install IE7, so i did...rebooted, did XPize reloader it reloaded about 12 IE files, rebooted, all was fine. :S

That's a problem of Beta 1 uninstaller, because that beta didn't support IE7. Sorry guys for all those bugs, but all these new updates by MS are getting me crazy. I will do my best and I hope everything will be running fine when final XPize 4.6 is released. :)

ah I thought i'd have to redownload ie7 afterwards :P

edit: wow i never realised how very little i post here lol, i've read the forums every day for about a year now :P and this is only my second post

Edited by aNILEator

That's a problem of Beta 1 uninstaller, because that beta didn't support IE7. Sorry guys for all those bugs, but all these new updates by MS are getting me crazy. I will do my best and I hope everything will be running fine when final XPize 4.6 is released. :)

Thanks XPero, you're always the best!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have just installed 4.6 Beta 2. First of all i've uninstalled 4.3 and after that IE7 and WMP11 seems to be uninstalled. :realmad:

After installing 4.6 Beta 2 and reinstalling IE7 and WMP11 it all works fine for me but this is a very dirty bug. :(

I think it's because the uninstaller stores the current settings from the installation of 4.3. Afterwards i've installed IE7 and WMP11 . . .

Edited by Dutchdre

I have just installed 4.6 Beta 2. First of all i've uninstalled 4.3 and after that IE7 and WMP11 seems to be uninstalled. :realmad:

After installing 4.6 Beta 2 and reinstalling IE7 and WMP11 it all works fine for me but this is a very dirty bug. :(

I think it's because the uninstaller stores the current settings from the installation of 4.3. Afterwards i've installed IE7 and WMP11 . . .

You should have made a "reload" after installing WMP 11 and IE 7. How should Xpize know that you've installed them afterwards? The uninstallation copies back the modified resources at patch time...

You should have made a "reload" after installing WMP 11 and IE 7. How should Xpize know that you've installed them afterwards? The uninstallation copies back the modified resources at patch time...

On my laptop I've exact the same situation. XPize 4.3, IE7 and WMP11 installed. I've just uninstalled XPize 4.3 after reloading but IE7 and WMP11 are also uninstalled. I think this is not yet a problem with XPize 4.6 Beta 2 but it could be if this bug isn't fixed in the past versions. I haven't read the changelogs so I dont know.

If it isn't fixed in the past I think it's a must have for the comming release . . .

I'm going to install XPize 4.6 Beta 2 in a few minutes, I love XPize; XPero keep on going the good work! :thumbup