Good 939 slot motherboard?

Shadow_Fi

I need 939 slot motherboard. Which is cheap / good for overclocking / (has AGP ?). I allways used MSI motherboards, and i like them, they are cheap, and allways good overclocking (no hardcore overclocking used ). So any ideas?

Best regards, Shadow_Fi.

If you were willing to make the jump to PCI-x I would recomend a DFI LanParty. They have one on NewEgg for $60 right now with the ATI chipset. I have my 3700+ OC'ed just a little bit to 2.36G, and it stays under 36c with stock cooling. All I did was replace the ceramic thermal paste it came with for some of my antec stuff. My chipset stays @ around 44c now instead of 52 like it was before.

Whatever you do, do not get anything by ECS. I have found out the hard way that they are awful especially their KV2 Extreme. I'd recommend something by Abit as I have never had any problems with any of the Abit boards I have used. I've got an AV8 coming from eBay at the moment or you could have a look at the Asus A8V or I think Gigabyte had a couple of good 939 AGP boards.

As long as the AGP card that you've got is a decent one there really is no point of making the switch to PCI-E yet. I've got a GeForce 6800GS which does everything I need it to do and was stuck in the same situation as you a while ago.

Connect3D ATI RADEON X1300 Pro for under the 100 US$ would be my choice, check out tomshardware.com and look at there VGA charts.

For the motherboard; ASRock isn’t expensive and it’s a daughter company of ASUS so they know how to build one ;).