Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Shadow_Fi

Computer doesnt turn on right...

I have some MSI nForse 2, motherboard, with 1024 DDR 400mhz memory. 2 Hdd's, 80 + 300, both seagates. Have strange problem, when i turn my PC ON i have to wait few seconds (3-5s) then push reset, only then my computer will turn on. If i just push Turn On button, i have black screen, and some times my motherboard beeps strangely. My CPU is little bit overclocked, but it works just fine using reset button. Reseting bios didnt help i think. I just think, maybe someone had same problem? Im using my pc for a maybe year like this =))

Edited by Shadow_Fi

Sounds to me like you may have clocked it up a lil to high or not matched MHz OC with the proper voltage to handle it. Check your voltages on your RAM and CPU and be sure its not getting to hot.

try a different power supply. I've seen issues like this where the power supply takes a longer than normal time to come fully online and provide the motherboard with a power good signal. Or test your power supply with a power supply tester.

False starts, seen it a lot before ;).

Renew the thermoplastic and see if that helps.

Did this happen before too? Your machine is getting older, how old is it now; 3, 4 years?