Laptop Car Mount

gamehead200

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some kind of laptop car mount that would let me secure my laptop into place on a mount, then when no longer needed, I would just be able to move it underneath the passenger side's seat or beside it (given there is enough clearance). I did a quick Google search but couldn't find anything close to what I wanted.

Has anyone heard of or seen anything of this type?

I saw them for the persons who are in the back of the car, never for the driver.

Are you going to drive AND post on MSFN? :P

EDIT: I think I saw one that you could hang on your steering wheel...

Edited by puntoMX

I saw them for the persons who are in the back of the car, never for the driver.

Are you going to drive AND post on MSFN? :P

EDIT: I think I saw one that you could hang on your steering wheel...

Haha. No, I'm going to drive and post. I just want something that I can pull out when I'm parked somewhere and then hide away under or beside a seat when not in use.

I saw the one that hangs on the steering wheel. Not really what I want.

I'm not sure what kind of vehicle you have, but in my dads work van (Astro, so lots of room), they use this thing that secures on this box that's in the middle of the seat. It's actually just a tv stand that was meant for holding a tv on a wall (kind of like in a hospital room). I know this wouldn't really help much, but it may point you in the right direction to get something or even modify something to work.

Alternatively, you could just get this thing like what I have in my house, its a board with a pillow actually sown onto it. You can put that on your lap and use the computer that way.

even better, talk on the phone, post on msfn, and drive all at the same time!

Oh God... :P

Yeah, thanks for that... I always seem to forget about eBay... There seem to be a few mounts that I like there. Might take a closer look tomorrow.

i know what to do! buy a palm Treo with the ability to surf the net and poof, a laptop in your pocket (sorry gamehead, had to add that :P)

if you want, you could put 2 metal bars on tracks, and have them bolted or something to middle control panel next to the passenger seat. then, just have a swivel thing that'll fold down when the laptop is pulled up, kinda like a table hidden on the side of the seat. Knowing your car, i wouldn't spend a lot of money on something fancy, unless your modifying the whole interior.

IMHO, It's just another thing that kids will be using during class, and people will be using while driving. More distractions to make an already "dumb" nation, even more "dumb". I use the term "dumb" for most of the kids of today (I see it first hand, trust me) and most of the adults too. I've seen people reading newspapers while driving. It really irritates me because they are the reason my insurance rates are so high.

(dumb doesn't apply to all, it just doesn't apply to a select few)