User Account Creation Mash Up!

3aces

well bascailly i normally use my computer for me only, and i use the built in XP admin account and just change the names via nLite, but recently my lil bro has started High School, so he needs a computer to do his "work" on lool....

so i wanted to make him account to keep his s**t of my profile, now i made him an account but it doesnt let him logon its complains about a profile not being there and to contact network admin which is me :thumbup

i have never come accross this problem before, anyone have any ideas

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by 3aces

well bascailly i normally use my computer for me only, and i use the built in XP admin account and just change the names via nLite, but recently my lil bro has started High School, so he needs a computer to do his "work" on lool....

so i wanted to make him account to keep his s**t of my profile, now i made him an account but it doesnt let him logon its complains about a profile not being there and to contact network admin which is me :thumbup

i have never come accross this problem before, anyone have any ideas

should be able to just create a folder in docs and settings with the same name as the account and then login as that user.

this would be better directed at the windows xp forum until they diagnose a specific issue as being nlite.

however if what I said above doesn't work, check your event log right around the time that you try to login with that user and see what errors come up...

ok cheers ill try tht and report back.........btw.....i dont have a default user folder if that makes a differece

It would because windows makes new profiles from that default user. Double check and make sure that you have view hidden files enabled as well as view protected operating system files. If it really isnt there, you might want to check with the guys in the Windows XP forum, as I am unaware of if there is a way to make that profile at all, or how to do so.

3aces, how exactly did you add the new user?

Was it type "User", and Active checkbox was checked?

Maybe you can edit your last session_u with false (but similiar) data and attach it.

problem solved

i recreated the default user account and then created another account and it logged on fine, im not sure how it got removed, maybe i deleted it without relising what it was loool.........but none the less fixed