plz help i need driver for Ati radeon 9200

haloooo

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the same boat at you are, I have a 9250. I search all over the place to find a driver that would work corectly in Vista. I installed the Omega Drivers, however that will cause a BSOD on logoff/restart/shutdown. Not a huge deal as it will just do a dump an restart the system anyways. However I still wasn't keen on the BSOD. Now I am not a huge gamer by any means, I just wanted a driver so I could get the tv out working under Vista. There were two main things I did to get this to work corectly:

1. Keep the XMMD Vista drivers.

2. I edited my video bios to make TV-out default to NTSC. (this worked on boot up, hovever not under Vista :angry:)

3. Grabbed Ati Traytool (http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/) You can use it to change TV-out mode, ie. PAL/NTSC

With the ATI traytool, it is not disgned to run in vista, after doing the fist Windows update is stopped working all together. However upon doing a Selective startup with only minimal services I was able to open it and select the TV-out mode and Theatre options. After that you really don't need to use it anymore.

So with the default Vista drivers I am able to have my desktop extended on my TV again without seeing the BSOD everytime I want to restart/shutdown.

Edited by bobtomato