Wincdman script & colored icon hotfixes

Anyone have experience using Wincdman? http://berns.cae.wisc.edu/pages/wincdman.asp

I used it for 2000 pretty well, now I'm trying to slipstream hotfixes into XP. I can get most hotfixes to work however several are hanging the pc after installation. These include q328310, kb329441, kb823559, kb824105. None of my hotfixes have a colored icon, just a generic windows application icon. How do I tell what hotfixes are 2nd generation and unable to be slipstreamed? Basically I guess I need to have an post-installation script to install these? Is Royalfix's script the best one to use? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I tried WinCDMan long ago, but did not like answering the questions, or typing the paths in answer to the prompts, so did not use it. It seemed a little too generic for what i wanted. The code, on the other hand, is beautifly simple. So much so I was inclined to write the author and tell him how good it looks. I did not try a full run of it, but it sure looked like he was slipstreaming the hotfixes in the same basic fashion as royalbox. No reason it should hang, especially as it is just an expand and copy of existing files - they are not actually executed. You have access to all the source in WINCDMAN.CMD, so you can easily debug it if you wish.

I use the "RoyalFix" method and have no problem (that I've noticed) with those 4 hotfixes you mention. By 2nd generation I guess you mean what some refer to as the type 2. Those are simply the ones with the setup style icons, and none of them seem to be "supported" for slipstreaming. I set up the unsupported fixes and other updates from a call out of the CMDLINES.TXT file. In terms of "the best", I think it is kind of binary: either it works correctly, or not. This way works for me.