1.3 RC "Parameter is Incorrect" message

djkym

I've been getting on the 1.3 RC a "Parameter is Incorrect" message and I was wondering how to debug it when it's integrating drivers (can't tell which driver is causing the error)

i'm using windows xp w/ sp2 oem dell cd, and putting on ryan's 2.1.5a along w/ nvidia drivers (using a nforce mb).

have made nlite'd discs before with similar configs in past (w/ past versions of nlite) without this message...

thanks for your help!

also, when i try to burn and run the disc, it runs past the "press f2" etc phase until it asks for windows sp2 disc 2, and won't accept my burned disc.

Edited by djkym

also, when i try to burn and run the disc, it runs past the "press f2" etc phase until it asks for windows sp2 disc 2, and won't accept my burned disc.

I'm not sure about the answer to your first problem, but to solve the 2nd one, put blank file in the root of the cd called "win51ip2". That _should_ make it detect as disc 2 as well.

thanks for the help...

is adding that extra file new w/ the recent nlite versions? because on 1.2, i didn't have those problems..or is it related to ryan's vm pack...

It may be related to the new version, however I didnt experience the problem. Are you using MCE by chance?

The reason this usually happens is because the txtsetup.sif is trying to install files that are on a 2nd disc that only comes with MCE, which is why I asked.

no, i'm using win xp pro oem version...

hmm.. could you attach your txtsetup.sif file? I think for some reason nlite coded the file to pull files from a nonexistent disc 2, but I'd like to double check. If so, I'll ping nuhi to have a look.

Here's the file from the cd that i burned that had both the "parameter is incorrect" message while trying to integrate the drivers and gave me the "disc 2" needed prompt...

TXTSETUP.rar

The txtsetup.sif file is looking for disc 2 of your Dell Windows CD's it looks like, in order to restore Dell apps and crap.

I'll check the parameter is incorrect in a minute and see what I can come up with

Here's the file from the cd that i burned that had both the "parameter is incorrect" message while trying to integrate the drivers and gave me the "disc 2" needed prompt...

TXTSETUP.rar

As for the parameter is incorrect, this message appears while nlite is running, during the integrating drivers stage of "nlite-ing" your cd, correct?

If so, look in the root of the CD or in your nlite\presets directory if you havent already reformatted and attach the file called 'Last Session.ini'.

thanks for all the help!

Here's the preset where it gives me the errors: (it came off the cd that has the errors)..

Did the "Parameter is incorrect" message appear during the nlite process, or somewhere during setup?

If during the nlite process, do you recall _which_ driver it was integrating at the time the error popped up?

"If during the nlite process, do you recall _which_ driver it was integrating at the time the error popped up?"

it occured while it was processing, more specifically during the time it was integrating the drivers (the last step)--only problem is i don't know which driver triggered the alert, and i was wondering if there was some type of debug log that i can look through to figure it out, instead of manually adding each driver one by one...

"If during the nlite process, do you recall _which_ driver it was integrating at the time the error popped up?"

it occured while it was processing, more specifically during the time it was integrating the drivers (the last step)--only problem is i don't know which driver triggered the alert, and i was wondering if there was some type of debug log that i can look through to figure it out, instead of manually adding each driver one by one...

Well there isnt a debug log unfortunately. Looking at your last session.ini though, for some reason I have a hunch that the culprit is the SATA RAID drivers.

Rather than manually adding each driver one-by-one, though you can narrow the list down a lot faster by just taking half of the drivers out. If it gives you the error, then take another half out, leaving you with ...well you get it.

yeah, it's the nvidia raid drivers that are causing the problems--the two "Parameter is Incorrect" messages i get are from trying to integrate the sataraid and sata_ide drivers, i believe...using rc 1.3 and nvidia's nForce 430/410/405/400 (Version: 11.09 for MCP61) WHQL drivers that just were released 1/5/07

nvidia's nForce sata_ide and sataraid for 430/410/405/400--Version: 11.09 for MCP61 WHQL drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...8.26_11.09.html

i'll also post this in the huge integrate nvidia thread as well...

thanks for the help!

Edited by djkym