ces 2007

ripken204

Keyboards aren't fashion statements, they're input devices. What I want is a GOOD keyboard (and if it looks nice then bonus, but it's totally optional). Couldn't care less the colors of the keys, it's not like I sit there and stare at the keyboard all day (that's what monitors are for) If they ever make a version with good buckling spring switches (likely never), I might still consider buying one...
Agree, you shouldn't be looking at your keyboard anyway. BTW, they still make buckling-spring keyboards ( http://www.clickykeyboard.com/ ). They have an interesting feel, and I definitely don't mind using one, but I've found that a keyboard with nearly zero key travel (I took a standard dome-membrane-switch keyboard and tried using only the switch membrane on the backplate as a keyboard) greatly increases my typing speed.

omg, any clue where i can get it!

Been looking at the Optimus for a while, I was trying to get one before this past xmas because I remember reading a loooong time ago that it should be available by xmas 06. Ya, well... it wasn't.... and all indications are that the Optimus is going to be INSANELY expensive... entirely way to much for a kb.

Screw that **** keyboard anyway, I want the 108' LCD!!!!!! :blink:

Edited by ringfinger

No, I don't : I don't have enough space. :P

You don't HAVE to have the space for it, you MAKE space for it! :lol: Seriously though, I'm not real sure I'd want one. Pretty much all we watch is 480i stuff (sat broadcast, DVDs and lotsa mpeg4). I can't imagine how possibly bad it could look deinterlaced and stretched over a 108" screen. For a screen that size, I'd almost want something more than 1080p (like UHDV -- 7680×4320 pixels, or 16x more than 1080i/p!) Now THAT would make a totally stunning image (not that the display has that much resolution though) That screen is like 50" high, so non-anamorphic DVDs with an AR of 2.35:1 or such, with often heights like 272 pixels, over 50" high makes individual lines about 5mm high. That's *GIGANTIC* pixels if you ask me, even using interpolation and all, it's still going to be ugly.

LLXX: I know they still make 'em (got a Dell AT101W, a Customizer 104, etc) - that's all I'm using!

Like five years ago I thought about a keyboard that is able to display various laugauges and tounges. This is nothing new but to be honest that is WOW to really see one. They probably have the laser version of it elsewhere.

About the big HD that is nothing at all however what I like is the price of $400. Also 2tb HD has been around for a long time now for like 4000 dollars. I would invest in one of those which you might find in a yard sale.

The 100 full screen is not really a new. Our tube TV screens is full screens and the flatscreens of today is wide screen like a movie. So now the gimmick is that they finally got it down perfectly with technology that is probably 13 years old.

Agian Keyboard WOW weee!!!

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa