Winnt Setup Manager

Interesting, but I didn't much like how you have to add each section of the file yourself. There is a much easier to use (in my opinion) winnt.sif program that adds everything automatically for you, and has some extra features like creating custom registry tweaks. You can check it out here:

http://www.MSFN.org/users/b0r3d/index.shtml

Thanks for sharing though :)

So Terminator3 what WINNT generator did you use?

Looks good, devil-man! Personnaly I like that I can add only those sections which I select - as you said, more control over the final creation, as there are very few things I change. And even though I only change a few, I prefer that they all be availible for modification, as I hate the feeling of not having total control ...

click the help button

:) Well thank you for your useless reply.

You brought this app to this site so you must have taken a look at it.

Do you know what is in the help for this app? I guess not from your reply.

I hope you get help for your queries too.

Chill out ... I believe this program is a simple generator, to fill the void left by the MS version that is included with every copy of XP. Use it as such: nobody is here to hold your hand.

If you did not look in the included ref.chm, the complete authoritve guide to WINNT.SIF before asking this question, shame on you.

In answer to your question, Branding is a marketing term, where as a company purchases a finished product, and adds their own Brand Name, Logo and Packaging. This term has been used by MS to refer to the repackaging of Internet Explorer, done with the IEAK (Adminstrators Kit) to distribute.

Lesson over. Next time do your homework, or don't bother coming to class.

missed the point I see,

I am referring to the above app not MS's. There is no help with this app. So to tell me to click help was not constructive for a forum based website.

Being helpful could have meant telling me to look at the ref.chm or even still giving me link or description on how branding works with this app.

Lesson over. Next time do your homework, or don't bother coming to class.

Yeah a classroom that is not prepared to teach.

Sorry if I was unclear. My point was:

nobody is here to hold your hand
There are a lot of knowledgable people here that are more than happy to help. Show them respect by doing a minimum of research on your own. If you do not find what you like, move on. If your are truly here for help, try to act accordingly. If you are here for whining and dis-respect, please stop.

On the other hand, it is too bad you did not pay more attention to my response to your question, because you would have learned what Branding is in the MS sense, as well as why, and where the word came from.

So Terminator3 what WINNT generator did you use?

Looks good, devil-man! Personnaly I like that I can add only those sections which I select - as you said, more control over the final creation, as there are very few things I change. And even though I only change a few, I prefer that they all be availible for modification, as I hate the feeling of not having total control ...

did not use a geneartor its on the microsoft Help and support web site.

:)