Realtek 8169 ris problem

I have a problem with my ASUS notebook i want to instal windows xp pro s2 with ris.

The nic (Realtek 8169) is not supported by windows so i did this:

I placed these files :

netrtl.cat;
Netrtlx.inf;
Rtnic.sys;
Rtnic64.sys;
Rtnicxp.sys

in the I386 directory and i also maded a "$oem$\$1\Drivers\Nic" folder. I edited Ristndrd.sif with these extra lines

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Nic"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Now my [unattended] looks like this ;

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Nic"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPreinstall = no
FileSystem = LeaveAlone
ExtendOEMPartition = 0
TargetPath = \WINDOWS
OemSkipEula = yes
InstallFilesPath = "\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\%MACHINETYPE%"
LegacyNIC = 1

But now i get an error "File rtenic.sys cause an unexpected error (21) at line 3788 in d:\xpsprtm\base\setup\setup.c".

Can somebody help?

This is my first post.

Thx alot.

Edited by bountgunner

First, for the driver path entry, your OEMPreinstall value needs to equal YES, or those files will be ignored. As to the error, I'd say that the version you integrated doesn't play well with RIS (not uncommon with Realtek and Broadcom drivers) - remove the version (and any .pnf files it generated) from the \i386 directory, and see if you can download a version that works properly (you may want to do a google search for your NIC and RIS to see if there are posted "good" version numbers). Don't forget to stop and restart binlsvc when you're done.

Try putting the driver .sys files in i386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS as well, and the .inf files in i386\INF too, then restart the binlsvc and see if that helps - I've seen that work with 8110 Realtek NICs, and the 81xx drivers appear to be unified (just tried it on an 8139 in an XP image and it worked), so it might work for you with the 8169.

I didn't work with your files Bilou_Gateux.

Now i get the error "The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter .....".

Edited by bountgunner

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice it mentioned in this thread, so I will mention it just in case. If you download the drivers that Bilou_Gateux posted and follow his instructions, you will then need to restart the Boot Information Negotiation Layer (BINL) service on your RIS server. This step is necessary prior to attempting to use the new drivers.

I didn't notice it mentioned in this thread, so I will mention it just in case. If you download the drivers that Bilou_Gateux posted and follow his instructions, you will then need to restart the Boot Information Negotiation Layer (BINL) service on your RIS server. This step is necessary prior to attempting to use the new drivers.

I always restarted the BINL service .

Edited by bountgunner

• 1 year later...