HELP! Office 2007 Crashes w/Vista Ultimate Edition

TheBigEye

I'm running Vista Ultimate edition (from my msdn sub) and Office 2007 Professional. For some reason, I can only get two of the office programs to work. Outlook and Excel. Every other program crashes shortly after opening. I have reinstalled Office and still the same problem. Any ideas??

I'm running Vista Ultimate edition (from my msdn sub) and Office 2007 Professional. For some reason, I can only get two of the office programs to work. Outlook and Excel. Every other program crashes shortly after opening. I have reinstalled Office and still the same problem. Any ideas??

If you really got it from MSDN you should contact them, and ask them for help. I had no problems with installing it.

Yes, I really got it from my msdn sub. I'm going to redownload it and try reinstalling it again. I had already unistalled office and then reinstalled it, but that didn't help. Maybe a fresh version will do the trick.

This is what is listed in the event log:

Faulting application WINWORD.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x45428028, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xcb4, application start time 0x01c73053ca85a6a9.

I guess I"ll try another reinstall and see if that works.

Its better to reinstall the complete windows i think so.

i did have the same problems after a clean install of windows vista all problems are gone.

Works fine for me, i used the 64 bit version of it now.