Building a Vista Dual Core System

jpatto

Im considering to build a dual core AMD 64 bit Windows Vista Ultimate system. Just wanted your lot advice if this is something i should/shouldn't do and what hardware you would recommend (best and cheapest). Any Uk websites appreciated as ill have to pay tax if in any other country. Any feedback is welcome.

Many thanks

Thanks for those links!!

well how much do u want to spend?

you should get a dual core cpu, 2gig of ram, 7900gt or something similar(you want to game?)

I probably want to spend minimum as possible for good suff :thumbup but lets say around £1500 - £2000. I want it to be future proof so dont want to upgrade too soon either. I do programming mainly but i think making a really good system maybe worth while. Gaming is on odd ocassions.

Thanks

Are you going to use the Visualization technology? If so then look for the cheapest AMD CPU that has it. Non of the iNTEL 8xx/9xx have it. The iNTEL CPUs that have it, like the Core2Duo and later, don´t perform well with Visualization technology, e.g. VMware / Virtual Machine. Sure the Core2Duo´s FPU is fater in 32 bit ;).

Are you going to use the Visualization technology? If so then look for the cheapest AMD CPU that has it. Non of the iNTEL 8xx/9xx have it. The iNTEL CPUs that have it, like the Core2Duo and later, don´t perform well with Visualization technology, e.g. VMware / Virtual Machine. Sure the Core2Duo´s FPU is fater in 32 bit ;).

You mean "Virtualization"?