agp440.sys missing ("Keep files" broken?)

ceztko

Hi! This is not obviously a nlite bug, but a stupid policy in intel chipset drivers releases: file agp440.sys, presumably responsabile for agp440 service driver, is missing in a windows xp customized build made with "Agp Filters" checked in nlite and a replacement can't be found in official intel chipset drivers integrated into the build.

I don't know how much work will be necessary, but would be possibile to trucate the selection of drivers in "Agp filters" and permit another specific check for "Intel Agp filters", considering this very special case of drivers available only in the original distribution? Unfortunately, simply unchecking "Agp filters" is not an option for me, because i need it for other computers that needs this to install older version of Via chipset drivers.

Thanks a lot for the attention and for this wonderful tool!

Francesco, "ceztko"

UPDATE: Title changed, see below.

Edited by ceztko

Why not just list agp440.sys in the "Keep files" section in Remove Components?

Well, i supposed there were needed other files, like *.inf or *.cat. The truth is that if you simply copy this file in system32, you fix a "broken" system, but i don't know if this is a clean method or only a workaround. Anyway, i didn't know that section :whistle: Assuming it does work with files in driver.cab, should be fine for me.

Thank you!

Why not just list agp440.sys in the "Keep files" section in Remove Components?

It didn't work! Have this in my conf:

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe
agp440.sys

agp440.sys is still missing from driver.cab and i386 dir. Is "Keep Files" broken for drivers' files???

Thanks,

ceztko

I changed the title of the topic: it seemed everybody thought "problem solved". :D

(see previous post)

I think the easiest way to fix this would be to manually add it to txtsetup.sif and i386. Take your original CD, and extract the file from driver.cab. Search txtsetup.sif for the line that starts with that file's name and has a bunch of commas in it, and copy it to another file.

Then run nlite on the CD

Then after it is finished, go back to txtsetup.sif, to the same section you copied the line from and paste it back in. Then copy the file back to the i386 dir, and go to i386 in a command prompt.

In the command prompt, type makecab agp440.sys

That will make agp440.sy_ so you can delete agp440.sys

That way the file is there....

I think the easiest way to fix this would be to manually add it to txtsetup.sif and i386...

I already know how to workaround this issue. The problem is: "Keep files" section in nlite doesn't work for files in driver.cab, as it should. This seems to me a bug: how can i report the bug to the author so i'm sure he's aware of the problem? :rolleyes:

I think the easiest way to fix this would be to manually add it to txtsetup.sif and i386...

I already know how to workaround this issue. The problem is: "Keep files" section in nlite doesn't work for files in driver.cab, as it should. This seems to me a bug: how can i report the bug to the author so i'm sure he's aware of the problem? :rolleyes:

consider it reported...