HUGE nLite project

kane3162

WELL from a personal gaming standpoint I LOVE using nLite.

HOWEVER!

My question is in about 2 months we are opening a LAN center, can we legally use nLite (using out legit keys) or will there be a problem?!?!?!

I would love to nlite every system and remove all the crap and unnecessary sh*t to make the systems run faster and smoother......

SO please let me know legal/not legal!?!?!?

and if its legal SUGGESTIONS on nlite removal

Personally, I don't see why not, as long as you have legal, store-bought CDs and serial keys.

However, of course, all warranties with MS would be void by altering it with nLite. But if you know enough to enLighten it, hopefully you know how to reformat should things go wrong. (Who really needs MS Support anyways? :puke:)

If MS wants to make a big stink about altering XP, then technically, ANYONE who deleted ANYTHING ever from their PC would be in jail!! (Of course, that's probably how they would want it!! (Hahah), but the courts won't let 'em.

;)

Edited by RaGhul

Ok let me shed some light.

The OS Keys will be 100% legit

it will be a Corp key bought just recently

M$ support is not an object, im more then ur avid PC user (i should say at $2045 a month pay......... er Tech.... )

SO back to the main subject, if we do this will it be illegal??!?!? Meaning could they really do anything about it. As we will have bought a 100% legit key

Alanoll already answered your question. What you're proposing directly violates both Microsoft's and nLite's license agreements, regardless of the legality of your copies of Windows. In other words, not a smart idea for a business ;)

Edited by RyanVM

additionally, none of the forum questions relating to use of this in over 5 pc environment was never answerd, as for M$ I would love to see where it says they can really do anything, as for nLite I want permission or a license to do this first... whichever works

nLite license agreement:

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

2. nLite can be only distributed electronically through the official host www.nliteos.com. Distribution through other websites or in any other form without the author's permission is prohibited.

For distribution through free CD/DVD Magazine addon contact the author for permission.

3. nLite is supplied "as-is". The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of nLite.

4. Import Restrictions. International users also check any import restrictions that your government may impose. Reread eula.txt in your Windows\System32 folder.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

6. MCDBNET2.dll is registered on me (the nLite author) with the royalty-free license and can be distributed only bundled with nLite.

7. nLite is a copyrighted material of Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product. You may not include the parts of nLite in your software without the author's permission. You may not alter or modify nLite in any way or create a new installer for it.

Copyright © 2004-2006, Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi

Take a good close look at #5 and there you will find your answer = NO!

As far as I've understood (and the same would apply to HFSLIP), the problem is support and people who will use it.

On your own computer, you are the only to use it. And since it is *your* computer, *you* should be able to do anything *you* want. It's just like if you had to eat seeds that come with grapes; nobody can force you to. But in business, the situation is different, people are not physical anymore but are legal entities and you can't grant such entities something like will. So you would be stuck on court and you seem to be concerned with such issues.

Also computer-based business really suffer from downtimes. Imagine you discover an incompatibility. On small business, it isn't a problem, you reinstall during the night and that's it. But with bigger companies where the head is sometimes far from being the person who used nlite, this head could tend to attack nuhi to get money.

Licence problems as usual but better safe than sorry and I don't know any msfn member that is a lawyer and who could therefore help.

Once again, this is my personnal point of view, not nuhi's or any other msfn member.

@ppx00, to keep microsoft's layers out of *their* backs, not yours.

And you're giving sort of a warez link here! Pretty forbidden.

Also, less than 60MBs for an iso, I know Jeremy did it but such isos usually don't like DHCP, domains and networks (and don't contain activation-related components). Anyway, that's still warez.

LOL thats the thing we are not paying got them to access the OS (also the continuous comments about incompatibility really annoy me for a LAN not testing at least a month before hand is LAN SUICIDE!!!!!) we pay $2000 for SmartLaunch for them to be using (its a shell in itself on top of windows hence nLite to remove all the crap that is NOT needed or wanted)

additionally, the great thing is all PC's specs are the same, after a windows install instead of installing on every other PC we will use a tool like ghost or the frozen software to just completely make a copy (games not installed as that would require continuous key changes)

So again, User no using the WINOS GUI so remove everything there, not using any other programs then the Games and Smart Launch so take everything not needed is my point, additionally an company who hires a tech who has to call M$ for help cannot call themselves a tech... I mean seriously if a problem arises and you cannot google it or figure it out yourself then you REALLY should not be working for a BIG Corp.