Reinstall Outlook Express

cg0def

Ok I did an install with n-lite 1.3 and everything was great up until the point that I tried to use Outlook 2003. In n-lite I selected to remove outlook express since I've always ended up removing it manually and there were no problems. But now outlook fails to connect to POP3 servers and keeps on giving me errors related to that. I tried every fix that I could think of and when I got an error on the following command

regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

The error says that the dll was not found. All I could find out is that Outlook is supposed to install it's own version of the dll but I don't think that it does.

Does any of you know if me removing Outlook Express has anything to do with the missing dll and if so how can I either reinstall Outlook Express or get the needed dll back? Oh and outlook express is not present in the add/remove windows components app.

I recently had this same problem but I use HFSLIP instead of nLite. The scenario is likely very similar. Read my post over here.

The short version: you probably have to reinstall your OS without removing OE. But it doesn't hurt to try fixing it first as your nLited install could be different from my HFSlipped install.

And by the way...I don't think there is a way to "install OE." You have to (re)install IE to get OE.