Norton Internet Security

jftuga

I have had several non-techie coworkers install this software on their home computers ranging from version 2005 to 2007. They have all had problems including dramatically slowing down the computer and making Internet Explorer consistently crash. One user had a new computer with either 512 or 1024M of RAM and the start-up time was literally over 4 minutes long. After uninstalling Norton, start-up time dramatically decreased. It saddens me to tell someone who just spent $80 on this software that they should probably uninstall it and use something else. Is there a way to make this program work in a fast, stable, non-intrusive manner?

What are other people's experiences & opinion of this product?

Thanks,

-John

Yes, all Norton/Symantec products are total garbage. To totally purge it from the system, use SymNRT.

Benchmark tests all over the web show how bad Norton products truly are.

What Slows Windows Down?

What Really Slows Windows Down?

And don't feel bad, I knew one person who ran a business and called himself a professional technician; yet he was pushing people to buy Norton from him.

Is this program garbage?

Yep, I moved away from Norton Security a few months back, went to NOD32.

Norton just got extremely annoying, I will say they used to be good (many years ago), but now they just hog your system resources majorly!

I spent 4 hours uninstalling NIS on my cousin's computer ebcause NIS and all the other norton products on the comptuer were slowing it down and p***ing me off... the SYMNRT was the only thing that would uninstall it, going into add/remove programs and clicking uninstall crashed it, running NIS crashed it, neither of the 3, IE, Firefox or opera could connect to HTTPs or FTP sites.

Isn't it great when we all agree?

hehe, just a shame symantec dont see it!

I hate going round peoples houses to setup wireless networks, internet etc, and find NIS pre-installed by the manufacture....EVIL!