1. 1. Do you think its a good idea?

• Yes
    • Yes, tried it, it works
    • No, I beleive the websites and haven't tried it
    • No, have tried it and it doesn't work
    • I will try it soon/no comment
    • In theory it could work
    • I dont care as I don't have a laptop.

The best recalibration I have seen is done by either built in recalibration software in the bios or dell used to have a recalibration software utility in the days of the latitude cpx that did wonders on batteries.

I just re-read your post, do you happen to still have that software, or maybe know where I could get my hands on it? It looks as though this battery may not be able to be recalibrated by charging/killing it. I turned it on this morning, it said 100%, but it dropped to 9% in 20 minutes :blink:

I still have a good battery that gives me 2 and a half + hours, but I'd like to have 2 batteries.

I already searched on DELL's website to no avail. They only had a recal program for the Inspiron 3000/7000/7500. That was all I could find anyway, I'll keep looking.

Thanks anyway :)

Well, I will test this to see if it will work with the Latitude CPi :)

Thanks IcemanND!

Edit: It appears as though I may not need it any longer. The battery seems to be reading correctly now (I'm not going to hold my breath on it as its at 53% now).

Edited by prx984

I tend to keep the battery topped up on my laptop as I usually use the AC adapter, but I've gotten 8 hours of continuous use once...

Lion batteries don't reallly have as great of a memory effect as e.g. Nickel cadmium batteries, but they can usually be deep-cycled with no problems.

Lithium-ion

(Li-ion)-Cell phones, laptops, video cameras.-Discharging:Avoid full cycle because of wear. 80% depth-of-discharge recommended. Re- charge more often. Avoid full discharge. Low voltage may cut off safety circuit

Got this from the website jaclaz indicated.

DL

Recalibration works for my with others products, such as my toothbrush battery, it cannot be removed, so every 6 months it is recomment that you leave it on until the battery dies. I do it every 3 months.

And yes I guess it does make the battery last longer.

I don't have a laptop so I cannot try this, in theory it should work, but it depends on the battery type. I have no idea which types work and don't work.