Can't find the file .....

hulkviper

Yes, only cab files. They need to be extracted from the directx installer with an advanced decompression program (7-zip, WinRAR, etc.).

But that still doesn't explain the presence of the Windows Script 5.6 update in your HFCABS folder... :)

ah it's old? :D

one time I needed to installed this cos I removed it with nlite.

and a msi installer (think it was Diskeeper, not sure) required it.

I guess I can remove it now :D

But i never got a clear answer for SP2, can I use HFSLIP on the windows source that I integrated SP2 with HFSLIP?

Use it twice............

And no I wont integrate SP2 twice, I am refering to updates and such things........

Have changed it now.

Please see the new text file to see if it is correct

will add the hofixes later, not included in the text file

About WMP and IE7 integration, is direct integration supported on both now, my source is WinXP Pro.

And is it possible to integrate like this?

Edited by hulkviper

IE7 is not slipstreamed because it creates problems. HFSLIP has Windows setup install it at first GUI logon.

The main WMP11 installer that you download from the Microsoft server should be extracted into HF\WMP11. There should be no wmfdist11.exe in the HF folder and wmp11.exe from inside the WMP11 installer should not be extracted.

directx_dec2006_redist.exe doesn't belong anywhere. It will cause problems.

WindowsXP-Windows2000-Script56-KB917344-x86-sve.exe is not obsolete. It goes in HF as specified on every HFSLIP hotfix list.

Please read through the web site as Super-Magician already pointed out.

But i never got a clear answer for SP2, can I use HFSLIP on the windows source that I integrated SP2 with HFSLIP?

Use it twice............

And no I wont integrate SP2 twice, I am refering to updates and such things........

Yes, like Tomcat said above, once you put the service pack installer in HF, HFSLIP will slipstream it directly into your SOURCE folder. After that, you can remove the installer from HF because it will not be processed.

I assure you that if you read through http://www.hfslip.org, you'll get clarification on a lot of things. Be sure to check out the links for the update lists in Tomcat's signature. They dynamically update as you select features, showing which updates go where.

Ofcourse I will remove the SP2 setup :P

But i have read that, and still it isn't clear to me :(

Can I integrate only wmfdist11.exe and WMP11.exe?

Don't want the full package.

So what should I use instead of directx_dec2006_redist.exe?

Does HFSLIP support integration from update.exe?

The update.exe thats in in most updates in folder update.

Edited by hulkviper

HFSLIP removes update.exe when it slipstreams hotfixes. There is no need for it.

Only integrating wmp11.exe and wmfdist11.exe is not supported by HFSLIP. You should include the whole package. HFSLIP only takes what it needs to.

Use an advanced decompression program like 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the necessary CABs out of directx_dec2006_redist.exe. What you want are the *d3dx9*x86.cab and *d3dx10*x86.cab files.

Ofcourse I will remove the SP2 setup :P

But i have read that, and still it isn't clear to me :(

You don't have to remove the SP2 installer out of the HF folder. HFSLIP automatically detects if your source has already been patched with a specific service pack or not and will only slipstream it if necessary (ie, if your source is Gold, SP1 or SP1a).

Your Windows source goes in the SOURCE folder.

HFSLIP applies the service pack to the Windows source in the SOURCE folder.

Hotfixes are processed and their contained files are extracted into a temporary folder.

The source from SOURCE is then copied into SOURCESS.

The files coming from the hotfixes are copied over into the source in SOURCESS.

So after your first HFSLIP run, the source in your SOURCE folder will be XP with SP2 while the source in the SOURCESS folder will be the fully updated source.

The second time you run HFSLIP, it will detect that the source in SOURCE already has SP2 so it will skip the part that slipstreams it.

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat76, I know that Sources is the updated source.

Super-Magician, What to do with the *d3dx9*x86.cab and *d3dx10*x86.cab files.....

I assume you want me to replace these in the source, but where are the DX dll's in the source ?

To make it all clearer, how do I updated everything (direct integration only)

Tomcat76, I know that Sources is the updated source.
That wasn't my point. I was trying to answer your question about SP2.
Super-Magician, What to do with the *d3dx9*x86.cab and *d3dx10*x86.cab files.....

I assume you want me to replace these in the source, but where are the DX dll's in the source ?

Those cab files go in HFCABS.

Guys thanx for all the help, now I see ;)

I wanted WMP11 coz I was makin a new updated WinXP for some friends.

But it is better to remove it with nLite so they can update it themself.

I do not use it.

But now I have updated the WinXP SP2 source with all the hotfixes with nLite, all the ones that support direct integration (and even IE7)

One last question:

Can I run HFSLIP on this source to update only the DirectX files?

Do I need all the x86 cab files or just *d3dx9*x86.cab and *d3dx10*x86.cab files?

Edit: Done it now :D

Gonna test in vmware if it's ok :)

Edited by hulkviper

Do you still get that error message when using the latest test release?

I gotten the same type of problem, right above the Microsoft Cab Maker text, gotten

"The system cannot find the file specified." . But that didn't cause me to have a failed install.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Never tried it, I just used the latest test release and it fixed it.

Edit:

Ok so I tried it, got an error :D

the blue screenshot is the error.

says ntfs.sys is damaged, press any key to continue.

Which DX cabs are needed for SP2 and which should I not include?

I want the latest DX files for "ears and eyes". :)

Edit 2:

Ok so I tried only with SP2, the ntfs error is the same :(

Got tired of this slipstreaming issue, downloaded a SP2 clean version.

Edited by hulkviper

As I explained a few times above, HFSLIP can only work with a "bare" source or a source that's been updated with a service pack. Other sources won't work.

The DX9-related files in your screenshot are OK, but HFSLIP ignores the *MDX1* file. So you can remove it.

Just so you know... Those DX9 cab files are just extras -- they don't make up the core of DX9. Some games use the *d3dx9* files; I don't know if the other DX9 extras are already used for any purpose.

Tomcat76, do you mean a clean MS source with bare source?

This was a SP1a RU1 version.

Super-Magician, you said I only want *d3dx9*x86.cab and *d3dx10*x86.cab.

I wanted to update all the dlls on the source :)

Wasn't thinking for games etc, just update purpose.