restriction problem

jasonp

Vista, totally corrupt my system BIOS aswell, so i dont like VIsta that much, but like i said, in the future, there will probsbly be a way to work around the Minimum of 512 Mb RAM, but until some one discovers it, i woud just stick with xp :D

Hope this Helps

Thanks Ethan :)

How did it corrupt your BIOS? All it does is read your BIOS, it doesn't write to your BIOS.

Vista, totally corrupt my system BIOS aswell, so i dont like VIsta that much, but like i said, in the future, there will probsbly be a way to work around the Minimum of 512 Mb RAM, but until some one discovers it, i woud just stick with xp :D

Hope this Helps

Thanks Ethan :)

Ahhh...OK I see now. Those files are a normal part of a windows OS, have been since the NT days when ACPI BIOS's became available and are installed when you install windows. They have changed over the years but all they do is communicate with the BIOS but they don't write anything to the BIOS so they didn't damage any 'boot sectors' in your BIOS.

well, it confussed me, and when i contacted DFI (my mobo manufactour), they said it writes a ACPI.sys and OEMBIOS.sys file, which may damage the boot sectors of my BIOS, so i just agreed lol

Ethan :D

Edited by Spooky

i dont know what happend then,

but when i installed Vista, all of a sudden without even entering the Bios for anything my CPU Changed to a AMD hammer Head Family - Model Unknown, and nothing would happen with the BIOS, so i just took DFIs Word,

So like i said in my previous post, i was confused, and still am, lol :D

Ethan :)

• 4 weeks later...
hi i want to try vista but currently only havce 386mb of the required 512 i was wondering is there away to remove it or away around it other than using someone eles ram

thanks

p.s hope this is in the right section

Hey, I've been having the same problem too. I do not have enough RAM to install Vista, but after reading this thread, I can run Vista without 512MB Ram?

Someone needs to find a tweak in the setup.exe to bypass it checking how much ram you have. I know there is a way to do it, someone find it lol :)