nLite 1.3 RC2 - Santa's patch 2

nuhi

What's the general consensus on v1.3 RC2; is it stable enough for productive use?

Also, if there are any stability issues, they will most likely come up during the installation, right? (I don't wanna end up having some mysterious problems further down the line... )

I'm asking because my laptop just broke down, and I urgently need to re-install it - so I'm wondering whether to use v1.2.1 or v1.3 RC2 now...

Edited by Ace_NoOne

What's the general consensus on v1.3 RC2; is it stable enough for productive use?

Also, if there are any stability issues, they will most likely come up during the installation, right? (I don't wanna end up having some mysterious problems further down the line... )

I'm using 1.3RC2 as my desktop without any problems.

The importnat thing is to obviously NOT remove anything that you may need. If you don't know what it does or if you may need it, keep it.

As for stability issues, they could appear anywhere, anytime, depending on what you've removed etc.

Play it safe and your chances of a useful fully functioning slimmed down Windows install are great :thumbup

Thanks for the response, piXelatedEmpire!

I'm using 1.3RC2 as my desktop without any problems.

The importnat thing is to obviously NOT remove anything that you may need. If you don't know what it does or if you may need it, keep it.

As for stability issues, they could appear anywhere, anytime, depending on what you've removed etc.

Play it safe and your chances of a useful fully functioning slimmed down Windows install are great :thumbup

So I should rather use 1.3 RC2 than 1.2.1 final? I'll take your word for it then.

And maybe I'm lucky and 1.3 final is released over the weekend... ;)

well any news when the next release will be out? although Nuhi recomends 1.3 i have found the most stable and less buggy release to be the 1.1 i mean i know Nuhi has alot on, but any hints just it is this release has been out for over a month.

I am having a very weird issue... When logging on for the first time to an nLited install with RyanVM's latest pack (2.17), there is no Internet Explorer icons anywhere, and the quick launch bar is disabled. When opening iexplore.exe and going to Windows Update, it tells me the Windows Update files are not installed properly, and it loops from that install prompt to the "scan for updates" screen. Also, the system feels weird in other ways.

Could it be the update pack along with RC2?

Yep. There are definitely issues integrating the latest RVM update pack with nLite... first thing I notice is that incoming network connections do NOT start on T-13 (as they should - instead, the puter is unpingable) but until the *second* reboot after setup! IE doesn't work right, and other miscellaneous issues...

It is possible to add back the tweak to change the 'common' directory (within programs)?

This used to be available and from what I can tell by looking at my logs, I think it was removed between 1.0RC6 and 1.0RC7.

Nuhi removed the option to change, and yet kept a portion of the feature. This easily editable entry shows up regularly in Winnt.sif, and has been my workaround since v1.0RC8.

[Unattended]
CommonProgramFilesDir = "C:\Program Files\Common Files"