nLite 1.3 RC2 - Santa's patch 2

nuhi

@nuhi - Is possible for you insert my personal new feature request in to one of the next build of nlite?

My requests are:

UPDATE

- Remotion of "Malicious Software Removal Tool"

- If removed "images and background" preserve "luna bliss wallpaper" (if this is not already implemented)

- If removed "screen savers" automatically preserve "logon.scr - scrnsave.scr - ssmypics.scr" (if this is not already implemented)

- If removed "telnet service" automatically preserve "telnet.exe" (if this is not already implemented)

TWEAK

- Add "Turn off Automatic Updates" (security center related settings)

- Add "Show Quick Launch" (taskbar related settings)

- Add "Turn off Advanced text services" (keyboard/language related settings)

FEATURES

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Turn off Security Center" (monitor section and service)

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Disable UPnP" (like grc.com upnp disabler)

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Disable Messenger Service"

- From "regional" tab of nlite "keyboard" option: insert ability to add more keyboard layouts (for example english keyboard with english - italian - french - and spanish layouts)

- From "patches" tab: add ability to set dos mode windows installation video @ 1024x768

- From "patches" tab: add ability to enable "RAID5" support

- From "patches" tab: re-add usb freq 1000

DEPENDANCE COMMENT

- If "Terminal Services" are removed event log report infrared error (for full remotion of terminal services remove also infrared support and drivers)

FIX

- Burning problem (direct burning and image burning)

Thanks!

Edited by datalife

I appreciate the warm welcome, thank you all.

@ricktendo64, do you mean that as a bug in the RC or as the solution for previous version?

@janerik, thanks gonna do that but I did clean RunAs, on which file do you see it?

About German translation, Sereby is now in charge and I presume he doesn't take it seriously enough.

@datalife, I'll write it down for 1.4 but I can't promise anything.

@ricktendo64, do you mean that as a bug in the RC or as the solution for previous version?
LOL Im not talking about bugs nuhi, I just dont like my Admin Account getting renamed is all, so I leave the Name and Description in Users Tab blank, my CD is still unattended and it doesn't rename my admin account anymore, which is the one I always use.

admincn1.png

LOL Im not talking about bugs nuhi, I just dont like my Admin Account getting renamed is all, so I leave the Name and Description in Users Tab blank, my CD is still unattended and it doesn't rename my admin account anymore, which is the one I always use.

admincn1.png

I'm always insert Full Name And desccription ... LOL

Thanks for this new tip

@nuhi - Is possible for you insert my personal new feature request in to one of the next build of nlite?

UPDATE

- If removed "images and background" preserve "luna bliss wallpaper" (if this is not already implemented)

- If removed "screen savers" automatically preserve "logon.scr - scrnsave.scr - ssmypics.scr" (if this is not already implemented)

- If removed "telnet service" automatically preserve "telnet.exe" (if this is not already implemented)

The aim of nLite is to REDUCE Windows installations. These requests could easily be achieved with the use of OEM folders or nLite's Keep box

Thanks for your reply but "bliss wallpaper" is not possible to preserve in to OEM folders or nLite's Keep box!

I tried and it are deleted! Others files are preserved!

p.s. If you possible please indicate me the procedure to preserve "bliss wallpaper"? If not possible is the same. Thanks again.

p.p.s. And the others features indicated in my post? Are possible?

Thanks for your reply but "bliss wallpaper" is not possible to preserve in to OEM folders or nLite's Keep box!

I tried and it are deleted! Others files are preserved!

p.s. If you possible please indicate me the procedure to preserve "bliss wallpaper"? If not possible is the same. Thanks again.

p.p.s. And the others features indicated in my post? Are possible?

to keep your bliss wallpaper you have to write in to the keep box:

Bliss.bmp

doesn´t matter wich language you use, even for me to keep it i have to write down the name bliss.bmp and the installation rename it to Felicidad.bmp, wich is called in spanish.

or you can make sure by search trough the folder \I386 and every .BM_ file you can open it with winrar easily and youll know its real name.

cheers.

@Nuhi: Issue with themes and settin themes after install since version 1.2.1 - 1.3 RC i cant tell about 1.2RC neither 1.2 final but 1.2 beta is the same, i made an unattended cd with i think 1.2 final :thumbup: and this works great! but the other versions :realmad: previous version (or what i said :D) : all goes in to the CD but doesnt appear in Resources\Themes folder, except for 1.3RC appears into the folder but i cant see it in properties, except for Media Center style and royale colors.

the others are there but i can not use any...

any idea?

thanks for all that great job Nuhi!

but i think i said before, make sure to fix without adding any new features nor upgrading when you think to caal it final, just fix any issue.

look at this i think weird or something like that :D:

v1.2.1

* new: Danish translation

* fix: Invalid argument when loading old version presets

* fix: Unable to cast object with certain settings

* fix: nvraid SATA/RAID pnp auto-insert excluded for Legacy

v1.2 Final

Another problem is the german translation, which is horrible: There are hundreds of misspellings and even type-errors ("installtaion")

lol you again.. could it be that you ahve anything against me?

I only know from 2 type-errors and they are fixed.. your example was never in the lang file.

If there would be really hundret or million of misspellings then say them and dont lie just because you don't like me :)

My requests are:

UPDATE

TWEAK

FEATURES

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Turn off Security Center" (monitor section and service)

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Disable UPnP" (like grc.com upnp disabler)

- From "unattended" tab of nlite "misc" options: add ability to "Disable Messenger Service"

- From "regional" tab of nlite "keyboard" option: insert ability to add more keyboard layouts (for example english keyboard with english - italian - french - and spanish layouts)

- From "patches" tab: add ability to set dos mode windows installation video @ 1024x768

DEPENDANCE COMMENT

- If "Terminal Services" are removed event log report infrared error (for full remotion of terminal services remove also infrared support and drivers)

FIX

Thanks!

UPDATE

Remove files section (same place keep files is) put MRT.exe

already answered

already answered

already answered

TWEAK

Already implemented (unattended section)

Good request

Good request

FEATURES

This would be nice too

Dont matter to me but I guess some people want it

Already implemented, from options, under services just change from default to disabled

Can this even be done manually?

Changing textmode resolution would be a BIG plus IMHO

Just use the addon that is on RyanVM's site

Requested before, nuhi said no

DEPENDANCE COMMENT

These shouldnt be tied together.. Bug?

FIX

Already reported (by me), nuhi is testing and will fix or ask for additional info

small bug..

if you select all the tasks to do, including ISO section

when you get to the iso section, you're unable to select mkisofs as the iso engine (its greyed out as default), you have to close nlite and reopen to get mkisofs to show