Disk allocation graph in properties window

frees

Question for XPero or for anyone interested.

What do you think about changing the colours of graph showing used space in disk properties window??

It would be nice to see finally sthg else than the rubbish purple...

Edited by frees

Question for XPero or for anyone interested.

What do you think about changing the colours of graph showing used space in disk properties window??

It would be nice to see finally sthg else than the rubbish purple...

That cannot be done as far as I know.

I am using Vistadrive, it shows a blue/darkblue/red line corresponding to how much space has been used.

The only thing I miss: it doesn't show the line for USB sticks.

screenshot: http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2006-0...sta_Drives_.jpg

It's hard to find it online though, unless you know Russian. I'll upload it if anyone wants (its a small standalone .exe file that has to run at windows startup).

Uhm sure. I use more stuff for my own Windows, things that are also in Windows Vista. Like Vista Drive, VistaTooltips, Y'zShadow, Y'zToolbar, Taskswitch and LClock. Still my Windows starts up faster then after installing with the Original WinXP CD :D

I read somewhere the Vistadrive folder should be in the Windows folder, So I placed it in Windows\Resources folder because this folder also contains Themes. I placed Y'zToolbar and Y'zShadow also in that folder. Only VistaTooltips and Taskswitch have an installer so they are in Program Files. Modify the regtweak if you place the folder of VistaDrive somewhere else.

BTW, Vistadrive starts up and shuts down at Windows Startup. It's NOT a background process!

Download VistaDrive

HOWTO:

Add this code to your regtweaks or whatever and extract the 7z file to Windows\Resources.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;================================================
;startup with Windows, for all users
;================================================
;start YzShadow & YzToolbar & VistaDriveStatus & VistaTooltip & Taskswitch
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"VistaDrive"="\"C:\\Windows\\Resources\\VistaDrive\\vsdrv.exe\""

EDIT:

And to view the size of folders graphically, the tool that views it the *best* way is Overdisk, check it out yourself.

http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/overdisk.html

I still use the FolderSize Extension if I want to see the size in numbers (it adds a tab on the Properties of a folder).

Well now you guys now almost all my secrets I've been using for my Windows. I'll probably never switch to Vista unless future usefull functionality will be restricted for Vista (HDCP, DirectX10).

Edited by ZileXa

dl link doenst work for me :(

getting this error after klicking download fil:

Not Found

The requested URL /2007-01-12/0/333100/Vistadrive.7z was not found on this server.

could you use rapidshare instead, this always worked fine for me ...

I never use Rapidshare anymore.. their website is so unclear.

Files.to always worked perfectly. Unfortunately they are becoming more popular (didn't even had ads at first).

And since a few weeks I experience the same as you.

Via this nice blog I found another one, similar to the clean and user-friendly interface as files.to. But this one works.

I updated the link