Manage Vista KMS Clients?

MrChris

Is there any way of managing what PC have been activated by my KMS server? I mean I know the command to see the number of clients but is there any way oh knowing the IP,Host name, or PC name of some sort? I have a KMS server but cant realy tell what vista clients have registered with this paticular KMS server.

Like is there some type of GUI or something?

Make sense?

Best regards and many thanks,

MrChris

If i'm not mistaken you need the Microsoft Windows Key Management Service MOM pack for monitoring and reporting for activations in KMS 2.x (I assume this is what your using since this is a Vista forum). Its due to be released in first quarter 2007. You may be able to find out more here: KMS Activity Reporting

Is this what your asking?

Its assumed that the computers registering on your KMS are also on your network and that you have taken steps to ensure that only the computers with the proper keys for your KMS are registered, since only those with the proper keys can activate via a KMS which only accepts certain keys issued to your company. As far as managing those computers its assumed that normal network management principals are applied.

(Did I say that right? Its early and I need more coffee)

you are right spooky, (even said it all right minus the coffee ;)) the KMS tools out right now were not designed to do more the authenticate the keys you are using in your org, the MOM pack for KMS with give more detailed information about the machine that are being authenticated