I am odly banned from certain sites, on MY HOME Computer! WTF?

jca2004

Im running server 2k3 with sp1, and I keep getting Access to the requested URL is not allowed! when I go to some of my fav websites like the pirate bay and other s*** like that. Why in the f*** am I getting that s***? Some kind of spyware/trojan? I don't have anything like that downloaded on my computer, Im the only one who uses it. WTF?? It also has s*** written in arabic around the message. Then it has a link, url unblocking request. Which takes me here: http://www.isu.net.sa/saudi-internet/conte...-requist-ar.htm It also blocked me from going to tinyurl.com to make the link shorter, lol.

Edited by jca2004

Have you checked your HOSTS file?

\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

File name is HOSTS and it has no extention. The default contents of the file has a few remarks preceded by a "#" and the bottom line should read:

127.0.0.1 localhost

What does yours look like?

Edited by enuffsaid

File name is HOSTS and it has no extention. The default contents of the file has a few remarks preceded by a "#" and the bottom line should read:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Yep this is what I was going to suggest. You may have encountered malicious code that updated this file. Your computer looks here before going out to any DNS server. So when you type in "google.com" this file can send you somewhere completely different.

127.0.0.1 localhost

Yep this is what I was going to suggest. You may have encountered malicious code that updated this file. Your computer looks here before going out to any DNS server. So when you type in "google.com" this file can send you somewhere completely different.

I live in the US not saudi arabia, or wherever that thing came from, I think I have been hacked, so I reformatted and put vista in.