Windows XP Support Needed

but try resetting BIOS defaults or best performance defaults. It might point you in the right direction.
He has already done that.
Try a different OS perhaps?
And what does that have to do with anything? It's like saying "I don't know how to drive a Swedish car, maybe one from the States will work." No no, it's gotta be hardware related.

My guess would be the same that DL. said, either the PSU or some other hardware. Try disconnecting everything except the essentials. I know it's a lot of work, but then again you want your computer up and working, right?

Try a different OS perhaps?
And what does that have to do with anything? It's like saying "I don't know how to drive a Swedish car, maybe one from the States will work." No no, it's gotta be hardware related.

My guess would be the same that DL. said, either the PSU or some other hardware. Try disconnecting everything except the essentials. I know it's a lot of work, but then again you want your computer up and working, right?

This is a forum, people offer their help to get something working for someone. I offered this piece of information (same as someone else posted about not installing a specific piece of software). From experience, I have had troubles with certain OS's on certain Motherboard/cpu combinations. Just trying another OS could rule out a hardware problem, or maybe prove that there is. It simply rules out software or hardware. Therefore, its worth a shot.

but try resetting BIOS defaults or best performance defaults. It might point you in the right direction.

He has already done that.

Ok, sorry for posting that. I didn't have time to read through the entire post.

Edited by prx984

Hey stupid idea i know, but have you tried a Different OS such as Win 2K? and see if the problem still occurs? and then upgrade back to XP

because that may help, if its still the same, its going to be a hardware problem :o

Edited by ethanmcf

I see you had Norton installed. It could very well be Norton leftovers doing that to you.

Try using SymNRT aka Norton Removal Tool.

Bah i cant

last time i uninstalled my norton it total crashed my computer blue screnn becuse

norton folder is also in my system folder, and if i delete norton it total crash

Edited by Dhoom

Hey stupid idea i know, but have you tried a Different OS such as Win 2K? and see if the problem still occurs? and then upgrade back to XP

because that may help, if its still the same, its going to be a hardware problem :o

i dont have a ohter OS/ windows cd this windows i buyed with my com

Linux, thats Free, or a trial edition of Windows, u can get a few Trials of Windows these days.?

because if u try a diffeent os, and u get the same problem, then its your Hardware.

form where can i get a trial edition windows xp home edition ?

Search Microsoft.com or their MSDN Site, because you can get Evaluation copies of software, but you are already running Windows XP, so the problem will still occur, or you may have a glitch on your Disc, so just search microsoft and the Net, google it, you will get some result back :)

but i know you will get some results. because i used to have a MSDN Subscription, and being a MCP you get giving all the trial editions of their software.

Yes Windows Can do that, in Computer management in the Admin tools,

or i like using the Partition Magic by Symantec.

It just splits your HDD into asmany Partitions as you want, with what Ever File System you want,

etc etc.