Windows XP Support Needed

Hello everyone

i have a windows XP problem

the problem is it that ever time i try to shutdown my computer.. it take my computer

about 10 mins to shutdown and as soon it shutdown it restart after 2-3 sec

anyone know how to fix it?

only my antivirus run (Norton) and still it take 10 mins to shutdown and than

restart after 2-3 sec.. :angry:

My windows is total cleaned i just did new windows install but dindt help :/

it could be very helpfull if somone could help me :rolleyes:

My computer System

Windows Xp home Service Pack 2 (fully updated windows)

Intel Pentium 4 3,2

1 GB DDR RAM

200 GB Harddisk

-----------------------------------

Thx

Edited by Dhoom

What programs are starting up on your computer? Is this an nLited XP installation or a normal XP installation? When did you install XP? Have you defragmented your computer? Have you tried bootvis? Have you run disk cleanup?

What programs are starting up on your computer? Is this an nLited XP installation or a normal XP installation? When did you install XP? Have you defragmented your computer? Have you tried bootvis? Have you run disk cleanup?

1: yes it a normal windows XP service pack 2 not mods on it

2: long time ago i installed it.

3: yeah runed that cleanup disk

:angry:

Well, then I'd do some checking around - one, check this registry value to see if it's set to one - if so, set it to zero and reboot. Two, make sure UPHClean is installed properly (you did state it is, but making sure you're running the latest version is key). Three, in your computer's BIOS, see if it has an option for power state after power failure (or something like that) - these are usually set to auto, but they can be set to always off or always on - try making sure this is always off. Four, make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed for your motherboard model, as power options in XP rely heavily on BIOS compatibility. And last, but not least, boot into safe mode and see if the issue occurs when shutting down in safe mode.

I know I had this same problem on my home pc a while back. It turned out to be a power issue, the APM/ACPI was messed up, and everytime I shut it down, it would take a long time, then it would just reboot instead of shutting down and powering off.

Another thing to check would be to make sure your drivers are loaded properly.

One more question, what kind of PC are you running XP SP2 on? ie) specifications on the system.

Well, then I'd do some checking around - one, check this registry value to see if it's set to one - if so, set it to zero and reboot. Two, make sure UPHClean is installed properly (you did state it is, but making sure you're running the latest version is key). Three, in your computer's BIOS, see if it has an option for power state after power failure (or something like that) - these are usually set to auto, but they can be set to always off or always on - try making sure this is always off. Four, make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed for your motherboard model, as power options in XP rely heavily on BIOS compatibility. And last, but not least, boot into safe mode and see if the issue occurs when shutting down in safe mode.

I tryed that

BIOS cheak

and installed the newst of my motherboard

now i well try that safe mode

I tryed that

BIOS cheak

and installed the newst of my motherboard

now i well try that safe mode

Here what my Pc have it my home pc

Windows Xp home Service Pack 2 (fully updated windows)

Intel Pentium 4 3,2

1 GB DDR RAM

200 GB Harddisk

Asus motherboard

Ati grafikkcard

If it fails during safe mode, than it's not a driver or startup application causing the issue - it's windows itself. Have you run sfc /scannow to see if it recurs after that reboot, or done a repair install?

If it fails during safe mode, than it's not a driver or startup application causing the issue - it's windows itself. Have you run sfc /scannow to see if it recurs after that reboot, or done a repair install?

Yeah

I Reinstalled my computer for 1 days sines

1: i tryed to repair windows = didnt work

2: Total clean installed windows XP services pack 2 = didnt work

:blink::realmad:

Edited by Dhoom