[Desktops] 2007

By the way... I am using Windows XP, not vista as the toolbar may lead you to believe. It's the Vista Aero visual theme from the vista transformation pack.

Mate, a blind man can see that, that is XP and not vista.

The windows flag was actually a screenshot of the 3D windows XP screensaver that microsoft made. Then I added the text in the upper left, gave it a dark blue background and voila! Plain, simple, but visually pleasing. Note the lack of icons on my desktop - I try to keep my desktop clean.

By the way... I am using Windows XP, not vista as the toolbar may lead you to believe. It's the Vista Aero visual theme from the vista transformation pack.

Looks Good...... :)

Don't worry about the Vista issue....I've got 4 PC's here all within a year old....All come with Vista and only one is running Vista... LOL!!

The best thing about the Vista OS is the wall papers.... As far as the per pixel toys and other lil perks. I've been doing them and much more with Object Dekstop for years..

From what I hear though. Vista is about to become the ultimate operating (DEEP BREATH) system with the SP1....(Ahem)... LOL!! I guess when that happens, I'll put the machines back to their OEM packs..Until then, XP is on them all.. ;) Although I am hoping for an XP comparible system in Vista, at the least.

Cheers :)

Edited by Dagonet'

Been a while but I think this one is worth. :)

ouech3.png.png

ouech4.png.png

ouech6.png.png

ouech7.png.png

Slackware-current, kde 3.5.7, theme&co is NanoTek suite found on kde-look.org (this is the *first* release !). Music player is audacious 1.4rc1. Wallpaper found on Nine Inch Nail's website.

(of course self-compiled 2.6.23.1 patched kernel ;p )

edit: forgot the plain desktop screenshot. :P

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Very nice Tux. The overall black theme and color is really effective, especially with images laid on top. It makes them really stand out. Makes you want to click on them to get a better view. The wallpaper is pretty cool also. Gloomy but a lot of character. Again, very nice.

DL

Very nice Tux. The overall black theme and color is really effective, especially with images laid on top. It makes them really stand out. Makes you want to click on them to get a better view. The wallpaper is pretty cool also. Gloomy but a lot of character. Again, very nice.

Thanks.

The wallpaper is indeed gloomy , by design. I needed a wallpaper that fitted that black theme and the best idea I had was one from Nine Inch Nails. However I did not have the one I especially thought about so I had to find another one on the internet. This one is for NIN's latest album. If you don't know NIN, read this wikipedia article and you'll understand why you found the wallpaper gloomy. ;)

Hello Island Dog... nice desktop.

Here I have two monitors with Vista Ultimate

The first is my main monitor with Adamant WB for Vista.With Astra Trillian for MSN and IRC Stardock.

With The Desktop Earth Dream from Wincustomize.com Dreams...

Cursor is SDdesktop

mntr1.jpg

The next is my secondary monitor with Aqualix Vista Icons, desktop system weather, calendar and clock widgets by Richard Mohler.

IRC Stardock is Astra Trillian. Portable Applications is used here and at work to remote manage my systems completely. [start menu design is my own to match my system]...

mntr2.jpg

SGT B)

resized images to 50%

edit by me : no full-sized screenshots ; they take too long to load, use thumbnails

Edited by Shelby_gt