[Desktops] 2007

Thanks for the notice - IP's blurred. I gotta remember to do that... :unsure:

And yea... you win by a small factor, but you need three monitors. :P

My wallpaper's prettier anyways. So there!

I'm sure that 2x widescreens are better than 3x standard screens....but mine is likely more cost effective. Plus, FPS games put the crosshair in the middle display instead of right between two monitors.

UT2004 is awesome across all three displays :)

I'm sure that 2x widescreens are better than 3x standard screens....but mine is likely more cost effective. Plus, FPS games put the crosshair in the middle display instead of right between two monitors.

UT2004 is awesome across all three displays :)

I'm not so sure about the "cost effectiveness". I got these two screens for $200CAD each, so with taxes and a replacement policy, that works out to about 7000 pixels per dollar. :lol:

FPS games will only show up on one screen for me, since I'm not using your TripleHead controller. What kind of framerate do you get, and what card do you have driving your setup?

So you followed my advice and got two?

*Is jelliss* :P

Yes... I got two. They were so pretty sitting on the shelf, so I just went for it. :yes:

So you followed my advice and got two?

*Is jelliss* :P

Yes... I got two. They were so pretty sitting on the shelf, so I just went for it. :yes:

Man... If only I could fit two 20" LCDs on my dorm room desk, I would get a second one. My room is already small enough as it is... Will post pics up when I move in this coming weekend. :wacko:

I'm not so sure about the "cost effectiveness". I got these two screens for $200CAD each, so with taxes and a replacement policy, that works out to about 7000 pixels per dollar. :lol:
Well none of what we're talking about comes cheap. But I mean that my 3x 17" screens likely cost less per pixel than your two larger screens.
What kind of framerate do you get, and what card do you have driving your setup?
Not sure about the framerate. I've never bothered to check as I've never been able to perceive the tearing/ghosting that many other gamers complain about. Guess I'm lucky in that :) My video card is a GeForce 7600 and it has beautifully driven every game I've tried to play. Though not all games can span the three screens.

"Wake me up when September ends"

well guys its September and time to see thoughs screen shots :P

I don't have one right now but I will post one tomorrow or so

Have A Good One :thumbup

Edited by computerMan