Winnt.sif Program Ver 2.0 Released!

b0r3d

After a long wait of nearly 4 weeks, i've finally got my act togeather and finished off the program.

Here's what's new in Version 2.0

22/9/03 - Updated next version screeen

22/9/03 - Fixed a few more bugs

21/9/03 - Added Regristry tweak generator

14/9/03 - Added more variables in the help section

13/9/03 - Fixed a few bugs, aligned a few things more properly

You read it right folks. This little beauty of a program now generates your registry tweaks. All the hassle of manually creating a winnt.sif file, and the nasty process of stumbling around the net looking for tweaks, is now competly automated, and rolled into one program.

You can download this program from The Winnt.Sif Program Homepage

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, either post here, pm me, or drop me an e-mail, and ill try to reply as soon as i can.

Cheers guys! Enjoy! :)

Note: Many thanks goes out to Paul for helping me with the website. I couldnt have done it with out ya, cheers mate.

Hi, I tried to run the winntsif.exe, and I got "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). "

Do you know what's happening? :)

you probably dont have .NET Framework installed

That is correct. You do need the .net framework installed for this program to work.

Hoe dows one exit the program with on exit button my i ask.
Easy. File --> Exit
Do you have any plan to add a feature that allow us to add and create our own registry tweaks?

You can add your own registry tweaks on the Finish page. Just add which ones you want to the bottom (or the appropriate section if you like having them grouped), before you press the create button.

Looking great, one of my new favorite programs. I just wanted to mention that your "Open Command Window Here" tweak does not work though because you left off the quotation marks at the end. It should look like this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd]

@="Open Command Window Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd\command]

@="cmd.exe /k \"cd %L\"

I have not tried the other tweaks. Only other thing I noticed is there are a few spelling errors throughout the program (regristry, custoimize most notably).

Excellent program! :)