Mozilla Firebird

kip2001

I just wanted to let anyone know who doesn't knbow all ready, that there is a great alternitive to crappy IE, firebird! go to http://www.mozilla.org/ and scroll down to firebird to get more info. But to sum it up, this browser is fast, easy to switch from IE, and it has the best pop-up killer ever! I've had this browser for 2 motnhs, and I haven't gotten a single pop-up! Try beating that with IE :)

Yeah, it is a fine browser, I use it under win2003 and it's now replaced Mozilla itself under my mandrake linux. For anyone else's info, there's also Thunderbird, Firebirds' companion for news and mail, which again is good 'n' fast, without too many fripperies :).

I've never really liked Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird, no autoscroll function for the scrollwheel and no option to save tabs on exit. I know I could use plugins, but some of the ones I've used have been well dodgy. Mozilla/Firebird also handle links quite badly, especially from IRC or an email client which forces the link to open in a new window rather than a tab.

I just use the MyIE2 extension for the IE browser and I'm perfectly happy with it really :)

Mozilla really need to eliminate those loading times for Firebird and Thunderbird, as I have found very little difference in loading times when I switched from my AMD 1.2 to a P4 3.0GHz, and its still a nuisance to wait for it to load.

I use several different browsers and like each for different reasons. The one I use the most is SlimBrowser, but I also use IE and Firebird. I enjoy the change sometimes. Can't say that any is better than another, just different.

I use Mozilla, `cause it has:

- built-in pop-up blocker

- search through the page (no need to use F3, just type text and see result)

- search Google from address bar

- search Google by "select on page and search in the web"

- tabbed browsing

- frames explorer

- banners blocker

etc.

Mozilla is fully compatible with IE, has NTLM authentication and many others features. new version every monts, plugins, skins... You will never be attacked by hack sites, as it is for IE, no one can control your search engine, favorites and ActiveX plugins.

Try, guys!

I've never really liked Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird, no autoscroll function for the scrollwheel and no option to save tabs on exit. I know I could use plugins, but some of the ones I've used have been well dodgy. Mozilla/Firebird also handle links quite badly, especially from IRC or an email client which forces the link to open in a new window rather than a tab.

I just use the MyIE2 extension for the IE browser and I'm perfectly happy with it really :D

Mozilla really need to eliminate those loading times for Firebird and Thunderbird, as I have found very little difference in loading times when I switched from my AMD 1.2 to a P4 3.0GHz, and its still a nuisance to wait for it to load.

Will, the new version have auto scroll, and it loads up in seconds for me :) Also the linbking is great for me, the only problem I have with it is it takes a couple seconds longer to load java applets then IE does, but thats no biggy :rolleyes: