What is your security setup software of these days...?

ingem64

Router, Opera, and nothing else. No anti-virus, no firewall (not even Windows). Been this way since August and no problems so far. With NOD32 that I had before that, there was only one time that I got something I didn't want, and that was my own fault (one of those "oh crap" moments).

Router and a little bit of common sense.

Used to use AVG, adaware, spybot etc but never found anything dangerous with them so hardly use anything at all now.

Only ever had 2 viruses, both were from allowing others to use my pc.

As long as you stay away from "pron" and myspace you should be fine!

Black ice Defender, Firefox and computer skills.

Ok, I'll take into account that you know what you are doing and so I am not talking about you in any way. I am just talking about Black Ice Defender and maybe something has changed with the proggy lately. I and some other people I know used to use it. We are fairly ignorant, so that has to be taken into account. One person got hacked, viruses, caused gameplay problems for some and who knows what else. It didn't take long to switch to ZoneAlarm. If you are using it successfully and the program hasn't changed, then it is for those who are more adept with comp skills than the likes of me. Black Ice Defender left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

DL