Cannot go to "Log" Phase

tecxx

hey,

first, thanks for vlite... yipppeeeh!!!

i just tried my first image, but it didn't really work out - nothing was removed after the install. and my iso was still 4gigs in size. i then read on the net that i have to "rebuild" the image at the "Log" phase... but my vlite skips this step (when pressing NEXT after the tweaks step). also, the button is greyed out. what am i doing wrong?

post-100022-1167318298_thumb.jpg

Edited by tecxx

sorry, i have to ask again.

i now hit APPLY and chose the REBUILD method. after some time it was done and the final image is still 4.3 something gigabyte.

i installed it in vmware and nothing has changed from the original dvd, e.g. the sidebar is still there, etc.

the dvd i am using is Vista_RTM_AIO_DVD-WinBeta.iso and i have selected the Vista HOMEBASIC (x64) version. (see screenshot). during install, this selection window pops up again and i again select the Vista HOMEBASIC (x64) version. all other versions are still in the list (???). after install, it displays the selected version at startup correctly, but as i said, i don't see any of changes i made in vlite.

my own fault again? or an error in vlite?

another note:

for simplicity, it would e.g. be nice to select the windows editions i'd like to remove, so i check "business", "ultimate" etc.. and click a "remove" button and they are gone. this IMHO would be an easier and better way than the current "select edition - make changes - hit APPLY" approach. just an idea :=)

update:

i have tried the whole process again and checked the intermediate directory before creating a new iso. in the folder "sources" there is now only the "x64" folder and the other one (x86?) seems to be removed. so that part is working OK. the installer still shows the "select your vista edition" screen, though. will now try the vmware installation again... :=)

post-100022-1167325621_thumb.jpg

Edited by tecxx

Ok, since that DVD version isn't official I'll need some time to guess the solution.

Meanwhile try the Apply method 1, not rebuild, and the installed Windows should be as you wanted them to be.

About the image deletion you'll see that exact screen once you choose first Apply method without rebuilding.

If in options it's not enabled to skip that page.