IE7

whakamaru

Hi

I am using the latest version of HFSLIP 1.2.1 and having trouble with runonceex. All the correct entries are in the registry, but it never starts.

I found the following comment on a web site regarding IE7.

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

When you add this through Hotfixes for a XP Installation it disables the Runoncex completely.

Can somebody confirm that this an issue?

I am using the latest version of HFSLIP 1.2.1 and having trouble with runonceex. All the correct entries are in the registry, but it never starts.
What do you mean by "it"? IE7 installation or other installations?

HFSLIP doesn't slipstream IE7 but has it installed at first GUI logon (by default), meaning that any RunOnce and RunOnceEx lines initiated from Windows setup should still work as they are executed before IE7 is installed. But if you entered IE7SVCPACK=1 in HFANSWER.INI then IE7 is installed before the final reboot of Windows setup which might give you a broken RunOnce(Ex). This never happened to me, but it apparantly does happen to other people. If this is the case, I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks Tomcat76 for the reply.

What I meant by it? "All the correct entries are in the registry, but it never starts." Is that runonceex does not execute, but all the entries are in the registry for runonceex. I did notice that the "TITLE" subkey gets removed.

I have just checked my HFANSWER.INI and I haven't entered IE7SVCPACK=1

I don't have an IE7SVCPACK= entry my HFANSWER.INI. Could this possibly cause any problems? But IE7 does install at the first GUI logon.

Maybe I should run the IE7 installation from runonceex as the last application to run, after all the other applications have been run from runonceex.

Anyway thanks for the help.