This is drivin' me nuts...

RaGhul

Easy, I haven't looked at this yet, can't expect from me to release new version every few days :)

It's saved in todo.

Size requirements are in txtsetup.sif file and nlite has option to disable them, it's not related. This error is most probably about some file

copy/entries.

I DID IT!!

:D:D

Although, I feel kinda stupid.

After going through the paces, Xable did the exact thing that I did and had 'zero' copy errors. So, he suggested it might be a 'hardware' issue. Sure enough, I slapped my hard disk (It's new, so I knew that wasn't the prob.) into another PC, and ....VOILA!! ZERO COPY ERRORS!!

(Duh, I should have thought of that!) :blushing:

Well, with all the people posting about 'copy errors' with nlite, I naturally assumed something else was the prob. Never even occurred to me that the machine itself might be the cause!

Many shout-outs go to the following people:

5eraph, Sigi, Ryan, Kel, ricktendo, MrNxDmX, Xable (without whom I'd still be trying to figure it out)

...and of course, nuhi. I'm sure he'll be glad to know it wasn't NLITE. (BTW, 1.3RC seems to run even smoother than 1.2.1, IMHO.

PS: I really like the Import Session feature. I've been using it a bunch lately. It's a real time-saver!! BTW, Xable and I have had no problems importing 1.2.1 to 1.3RC. I know you really shouldn't, but I thought you'd like to know that it's possible ...and it WORKS!

Duh!

While this is good news I'm not satisfied because now we don't know exactly what it is and it will make me ignore similar errors in the future.

It's either your pc was overclocked or bad memory or just set wrongly in the bios (little unstable) or some antivirus/spyware installed messing up with the process. I'm betting on the last because it was reported before too, unless you experienced some other apps or games failing (the instability).

Don't sweat it too much, nuhi. Most likely, it's bad RAM.

I also noticed on that pc, when I would copy files from one directory to another, the copied file sometimes would not execute properly. Upon checking the hashes, they were not the same file. This occured more frequently with larger files than smaller ones. Burning sometimes produced bad files on cd's as well.

I might add that it may not be bad RAM, so much as 'inadequate' RAM that was the culprit.

That particular rig has 256mb of DDR266.

One more thing:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I've also started using nlite with 'High Compression' disabled. All the successful cd's I've made so far have both been on another pc, and disabling this option, so I cannot determine which resulted in my newfound success.

I'll try to run a test or 2 later in the week to narrow it down for you. ;)

I'm glad you got it working Raghul.. I have seen a lot of reasons why copy errors would occur. Ram, cd-rom, HD and even Mainboard.

All of which I have ruled out from my issue. Those are usually the most common and easiest problems to find. I still had the copy errors with Xable's Update Pack. I would switch back to ryans and get no copy issues. Now I have not tried Xable's most recent pack nor 1.3 RC2 of nlite. last was 1.3 RC1 of nlite and xables dec pack.

One of Raghuls suggestions might be worth getting into the next nlite. The Component Removal process has most certainly changed from what I can tell. A really nice add on to nlite would be to include what reg entries, files and things that are done when you remove a component with nlite. I would be willing to bet that people have confliting things that affect what nlite removes by either putting back, deleting before nlite is ready to delete or replacing a file before nlite is ready to. Getting that detail in there would narrow down 100 or 1000 of errors with nlite and these update packs.

I Don't think nuhi can handle doing this on his own though. I know many of the users know or understand what is removed with some components and may be able to aid in this add on to nlite. If the list can be started then nuhi can certainly fill in the blanks.

Hope everyone agrees :-)

Thx, Madhits.

You know, to be honest, after beating my head against my monitor for several weeks, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that most errors involving Component Removal stem from user error, simple mistakes, or simply not knowing how to do a particular thing.

For example:

• Importing an .INI file from one version of nlite into another.
  • Not using the latest version of nlite for the latest Ryan/Xable pack.
  • Not disabling "High Compression"
  • Your rig just sucks!! (Mine does! :P)

nuhi and Ryan DO collaborate, as do most of the creators of the major packs, and their releases coincide to reflect that. For example, if you're using Ryan's Pack v2.1.6, you must use nlite 1.3RC2 OR Integrator 1.4.3

Using an older version will cause you to lose a file or two, and possibly errors.

Still, a note with some tips in an FAQ file or tutorial would be nice. It would be good for nuhi, too. Eliminating 'user-error' or 'hardware-error' from the equation would allow nuhi to focus on ACTUAL issues with nlite. :D