Disable minimum system requirements?

Oh isn't that my bitter pal Clint taunting me again.

prathapml,

vLite doesn't use any unattended xml or anything, it does all directly.

If something for sure isn't working on vlited install and exactly the same file confirmed working on the full install then check which entries actually can't hold on...something removed. For example setting up Windows Mail with Mail removed might trigger that response. OR Images removed. Try Apply method 1. And what is the error...you may answer that with the bug report on the vLite forum.

Hehe, I'm not bitter...have no reason to be ;)

Just complaining that you never give out any info or hints regarding tweaks, registry edits or similar...only pulling info...and I'm not talking about specific nlite/vlite code.

But then you might wanna break the trend and give a hint on where you disable OOBE then?

:hello:

Clint, I bust my a** figuring out, I'm not pulling anything...show me another nlite or vlite.

I always answer when it's appropriate, when not asked by a copycat...but your rude tactics are not my thing.

Clint, I bust my a** figuring out, I'm not pulling anything...show me another nlite or vlite.

I always answer when it's appropriate, when not asked by a copycat...but your rude tactics are not my thing.

Yeyeye, same answer as I was expecting...and you are simply lying when you say you allways answer on tweak-specific questions....that are related to Microsoft Windows OS...NOT nlite or vlite....I have NEVER seen you answer any of those questions..(and they are quite a few).

You know, here do we share tweaks and such that are related to Windows...thats the core mentality of this board....so don't come dragging with "bust my a**"....and you saying that you never pull info here...that is almost an insult to your fellow members.

..and that talk about "copycat" and "show me another nlite or vlite" is just giving yourself away my friend..big headed and bloated mind from all those 'nlite button clickers' fanboys around you is what I say. :rolleyes:

Oh isn't that my bitter pal Clint taunting me again.

prathapml,

vLite doesn't use any unattended xml or anything, it does all directly.

If something for sure isn't working on vlited install and exactly the same file confirmed working on the full install then check which entries actually can't hold on...something removed. For example setting up Windows Mail with Mail removed might trigger that response. OR Images removed. Try Apply method 1. And what is the error...you may answer that with the bug report on the vLite forum.

OMG......

vLite is good, nuhi ! It hasnt caused any install problems.

I am using a customised xml which is not working correctly.

That is all!

Peace.....   :)

Bitter...very bitter...I'll shut up now you can dream on.

Yeye, avoid it and ignore all requests even for a simple regtweak...very good for community. :rolleyes:

..and I'm not bitter...and not near a "copycat" of you...actually ahead of you dude.

Edited by Clint

<ComplianceCheck>

Never - Specifies that user interface is never displayed, even for serious errors. An error is logged, and installation terminates.

So that is definitely not the answer now is it

Clint, things will come around, everyone is learning right now and i'm sure MS will be throwing us some curve's with official releases. I looked at vlite although i don't use and never seen the Disable minimum system requirements like was present in nlite which was done auto. Maybe he don't add if your sys is over them or i totally missed it.

So either I don't see it or he doesn't know yet or hasn't added it yet

<ComplianceCheck>

Never - Specifies that user interface is never displayed, even for serious errors. An error is logged, and installation terminates.

So that is definitely not the answer now is it

Clint, things will come around, everyone is learning right now and i'm sure MS will be throwing us some curve's with official releases. I looked at vlite although i don't use and never seen the Disable minimum system requirements like was present in nlite which was done auto. Maybe he don't add if your sys is over them or i totally missed it.

So either I don't see it or he doesn't know yet or hasn't added it yet

Actually I found that in the Doc a few days ago, but I forgot what this thread was about in the first place due to all the moronic attitudes... :whistle:

Anyway, I've been localizing most of the needed info now for my work on this.

I don't know how far you have come when it comes to editing the registry in the image and removing components, but I have got it pretty much laid out now.

I have got all the services and components mapped out and sorted.

It's all about just a few locations if you want to do it right. ;)

Thanks for helping out!

with XP was just 7-800 inf's or .in_ simple once you look at them :whistle:

just never cared to go much farther there myself cause not into that remove junk

Very true, but Vista is actually much much easier to modify.

..childsplay really, you can mount the Vistas registry in XP or whatever and then do your changes...unload it and then commit.

Too easy :lol:

As for components you simply edit a .xml file that gets parsed...get rid/edit Manifests and related componentpackages and files...and your done!

...but who am I to come here and pretend I know this...when we have all these clever nlite/vlite buttonclickers that seems to know sooooo much more. :wacko:

Now..... Please keep this thread clean.

Do not discuss vLite here.

Anyways, my problems were related to the XML. vLite does not insert xml, so the testing & faults were mine.

Well, I started the thread...and I never discussed vLite...(only certain ppl's behaviour perhaps)

My last post was about how to remove components properly, and that has nothing to do with vLite....only Microsoft...and us here :hello: