What are these two files?

Synomenon

Excuse me for interupting micko,

- nLite 1.2 Final, nLite 1.3 RC does not make my cd bootable.

- My pc restart immediatly after i "press any key to boot from CD".

- I think this is related to boot.bin & boot.catalog files, while ..

- nLite 1.0.1 Final works perfect.

- I want to use the advantages of nLite 1.3 RC.

- Is copying both of them to my cd dir before making an ISO, solve the problem in nLite 1.3 RC ?

No it wont work like that. The files have to be referenced by the boot portion of the CD (the header)... HOWEVER:

If you are getting "Press any key to boot..." then your cd is bootable and there is something else wrong with your setup. Setup checks your hardware right after you hit enter so there must be something broken there. Please make a new post for this issue and dont take someone else's thread.

To answer all questions about these files.. The files are NOT required to be on your CD (at least not where you can see them) in order for your CD to be bootable. mkisofs for some reason makes them visible as did older versions of roxio back when it was called adaptec.

The files are still on your CD, but hidden even when you have show protected os files and hidden files enabled..

moataz, that issue is with the current ISO engine.

Just switch ISO engine from default to mkisofs in the Bootable ISO page and while creating ISO it will add those 2 files automatically.

When you make the ISO then burn it either with nlite or some other tool.