Things not completely gone

Swami

Nuhi, there are things that are not gone when removing a component. For example, if I remove the component 'Syncronization Manager', the drop-down menu in Windows Explorer of this nLited Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 installation still displays the 'Syncronize...' menu item under the 'Tools' menu if the 'Show hidden files and folders' is set to on. On the other hand, the 'Syncronize...' menu item under the 'Tools' menu is not visible if the 'Show hidden files and folders' is set to off. Please make that 'Syncronize...' menu item goes away if I remove the component 'Syncronization Manager'. That should be addressed and fixed in the next version of nLite.

Also, if I remove the component 'Internet Explorer', the 'Internet Options' item is still present in the Control Panel of that nLited Windows installation. And it is still possible to access Internet Explorer if the 'Home' button is pressed on a multimedia keyboard. Internet Explorer is not removed at all, it just doesn't work if you want to open a web page. Please make Internet Explorer fully removable: that the 'Internet Options' item will not be present in the Control Panel and also that Internet Explorer would be (finally!) GONE for good out of Windows XP, while keeping its core. That should also be addressed and fixed in the next version of nLite.

Nuhi, please fix those things. I hope it won't cost you a lot of time. Be well.

Do you know of a tweak to remove that syncronize button? Usually menus are not editable, they are fixed as they are.

When Internet Explorer is removed you don't remove MS HTML Engine aka IE core, that's why Internet Options are there for e.g. Maxthon to use it.

With IE GUI removed and if you use lets say Firefox, you are safe to keep IE Core because it's needed for many things.

Nuhi, the 'Printers and Faxes' icon is still present in the Control Panel even if the components 'Printer Support' and 'Ports (COM and LPT)' were removed. This is ackward. I hate the 'Printers and Faxes' icon. Please make all that go away if the component 'Printer Support' is removed.